Friday, October 23, 2020

Ghoullies and Ghosties

   Hello....

Just a quick post for this week's Daring Cardmakers project.  Better than my usual moaning, I hear you say....

Rizwana is this week's challenge setter and has a topical challenge for everyone this week:

  'Spooktacular Makes'

Show us your spooky cards or other spooky makes for Halloween. 
You can have scary pumpkins, ghosts, witches, bats,
spiders, skeletons...
 the spookier the better.
 
 

 When it comes to Halloween I'm the miserable old bag who locks up early, closes the blinds, draws the curtains and doesn't open the door to anyone. It's not so much having fun at Halloween parties (when such things were possible!), with all the traditional 'bobbing for apples type games etc, its the way the "Trick or Treat" thing has obliterated all the local traditions of different countries. 
I think its a real shame when that happens - I'm sorry, but there it is!
Anyway, a challenge is a challenge so I made a little ghostie


Info
I'm useless at drawing, but managed to come up with this simple ghost shape.  I copied it onto the it on the reverse of a piece of white card before cutting out as Purple card blank with piece of black card the same width, but shorter, to leave upper and lower border.  Before adhering it to the card, some silver thread was  wound randomly around it for a spider's web kind of effect. 
I die cut circles i the ghost large enough for these bigger than usual googly eyes to pop through.  The ghost was adhered to the card using foam pads and the eyes slid under and into place.  
The mouth is a hand cut shape added on top
The die cut letters are cut using a Lawn Fawn alpha set.
 
Do pop over and see what the team have been making this week - and we would love to see your spooky creations!
Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when people take the time to leave a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe


3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

cute, spooky and beautiful Kathy
Gr Karin

Shabneez said...

Very clever Kathy - sometimes the best cards are made using the least resources I find! Shabneez x

htondre@aol.com said...

Great halloween card