Friday, October 30, 2020

Fireworks!


    Hello....

What? Two posts in one week? I'll keep this one short, I promise!

So. just a quick post for this week's Daring Cardmakers project. 

Jenny is in the Challenge Setter's Chair for the very first time this week and once again, we have a topical challenge for everyone  to have some fun with!

"I'm so happy to be setting your challenge this week for the first time! 

Next week in the UK it's Guy Fawkes day or Bonfire Night on the 5th of November so in honour of this I would love to see your

 Fireworks 

themed projects this time round.

  In case you haven't heard of Guy Fawkes, he was part of the Gunpowder plot in 1605 which attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament .  The plot failed as someone warned the government and they caught them in the act and executed them for their crimes.  Traditionally we would celebrate by going to a firework display where we would burn a "guy" on a bonfire.  For those outwith the UK don't panic, nobody is actually harmed, it's just a fake!  When I was a kid we used to get an old shirt and pair of trousers and tie the ankles and wrists with string before stuffing him with scrunched up newspapers and adding a balloon head.  So every year we remember poor Guy and his friends and their failed plot to bring down the government!"

 

 It's ages since I made a pyramid (aka Tepee)card, but I do remember there being a pyramid shaped firework in the firework selection boxes we had when we were small, so I thought I could probably alter one of those card folds to fit in with the theme.  It does fold relatively flat so could go in a DL envelope

Info
 
Following the tutorial, I printed out 3 pieces of star design digital paper (from an old Funky Hand collection) and glued the pieces together as shown on the link.
Once I'd put the pyramid together, I cut off the 'legs' you get when you make this card shape, to leave just the triangular pyramid. 
So that you can fold the pyramid into an envelope you need to fold two edges together and make a crease down the entre of one 'face' of the pyramid, its easier to do this before you start decorating!
I cut a small piece off the tip so that I could glue the 'fountains' of 
 paper and wire inside. 
These were made bu fringing silver paper and twirling it tightly around the ends of the lengths of wire before poking through and gluing it into the hole at the top of the pyramid.  
I added silver and red glitter stars along the pieces of wire. 
The words were created on the pc and printed out onto card before 
adding to the card front.
 The phot below shows the card when its folded down for mailing.  You might find a paper-clip helps to hold it flatter


We'd love to see your firework inspired creations, so please join in and share them with us!
Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when people take the time to leave a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe




4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

fabulous design Kathy great work

Dawn said...

This is fabulous and such a great take on this weeks challenge. x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

htondre@aol.com said...

What a great pyramid project today