Monday, June 29, 2020

2 Masculine Birthday Cards

Hi there
I've another 'catch-up' to share today.  These were both made for May birthdays, so my catching up isn't a quick process!

I was really pleased with how this one turned out, and how simple it was to make!  I bought a few new stencils a while back and this was one of them.  I love how versatile it is and can see it being used or birthdays, Christmas and any thing else that needs some celebratory stars!
Info
I washi-taped the stencil (stencil by Funky Fossil) directly onto the card blank, then used various lime, blue and aqua inks through it.  Next I stencilled a few silver stars using stencil paint.
The HAPPY letters were die cut using a Lawn Fawn alphabet set and I cut a narrow strip in the same aqua card for the letters to sit on, then home made decal 'birthday' sticker under the line.
To finish I punched and die cut a few different sized stars from silver and matching colours of card to adhere randomly on the starry swirl - also handy for covering and really blotchy stencilled ones!

It was definitely quicker to make than this next one, which took me ages, but doesn't look half as effective.  A pity both cards were for the same household really or I could just have made 2 of the same design!
 Beer Bottle card
Info:

Kraft base card, pale cream panel with rounded edges, and hand drawn scribble lines in gold pen.
Patterned papers from my stash cut into banners, twine threads at the top. Beer bottles are die cut using a Joanna Sheen die,  and the bottle carrier is actually the tool box from a Spellbinders set
'Celebrate' is also a Spellbinders die, cut in blue and gold card then layered in off-set fashion
The 'your birthday' is another home made decal sticker.

That's it, thank you for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a message before you go - I do love to know what you think!

Happy Crafting, Stay Safe

 

3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy both of your cards are stunning. I love them both they are fantastic. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

2 great and fantastic birthday cards Kathy

gr karin

Shabneez said...

These are both a great inspiration for the male cards I have issues with! That first one is certainly one I will need to look at closely Kathy! Shabneez x