Friday, July 03, 2020

Happy Hello


Hi there
Today I've banished Mrs Angry from the room and I'm not going to rant about Covid-19 stuff.  We're in a tricky position and our economy has to rebuild, I just hope that we can live very carefully through the next weeks and months.
 Its not over and we need to stay vigilant and show respect for those who are maintaining caution and social distancing.
Here's Svenja with this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge: 


 "Can you believe we're halfway through this crazy year already? And of course for the start of a new month we do have a new moodboard for you:
I guess I went a bit crazy when I got everything together for the photograph - but I do hope that you will find this a fun theme and just right for the summer holidays after all.
Please use at least 3 elements from the picture.
Colours count as one element only."
 Click HERE to see this week's fabulous DT inspiration
 
It was hard to decide which direction to go in with this one, there was so much choice! Part of me wanted to go down the Paris route - especially as I have hose little 'buttons' from the picture in my own stash.  But I loved these colours and they aren't ones I use very often so in the end I decided to use those as my starting point, adding in the honeycomb pattern and the stars as elements two and three. Here's what I came up with

Info
To make the fat rectangle shaped card I cut 1.5 strip from the side of a smooth white card blank.   
For some reason this is my current favourite shape to use - not quite square, but not too narrow a rectangle! 
I used a Crafters Workshop honeycomb stencil and a couple of shades of yellow ink to add some colour to the card, then added some greens and aquas too
Using various inks and embellishing mousse I coloured a piece of card, adding some stencilled hexagons over the top once it was dry.  I chose the section I liked best to cut a wavy panel to go across the card blank 
The 'Scribbled Circles, small flowers (both Tonic Studios) and the stars (various dies sets and punches) were all cut from the remainder of the inked card. 
Using the black and white sentiment and little banners brings balance to the LO.
To finish I added a B&W twine bow and a few silvery gems



That's all for today, Thank You so much for visiting,
i hope you'll leave a comment, I really love seeing your messages!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe




6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. I love all the bright colours. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Kathy and fab colours

gr karin

Andree said...

A wonderfully striking card Kathy. Those colours look fabulous xx

Esther said...

Great techniques on your lovely card. XX

Angelnorth said...

Love the strong black and white elements to balance out the colourful chaos - fab card Kathy!

Svenja said...

And you've gone all inky! Kathy, I so, sooo love your take on the moodboard!!