Friday, June 19, 2020

Bags of Style



Hi there

I hope you are keeping well and staying safe. I can't help feeling that with everything starting to open up I want to take even more precautions, not less.  So many people think its all over and they can behave just as they used to do - and that makes me want to stay away from shops etc, not go into them!
 
Remember when you used to dress up for a posh night out and spend hours on hair, make up, glitzy frocks etc?  No, nor do I 😂😂 but hey, we've seen the pictures so we know what Ruth is getting at for this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge!

  GLAMOROUS
This week's host, Ruth is looking for some panache
 and pizzazz!
Get Glam and Glitzy and show us whatever makes you 
Well, not having a glamorous bone in my body, I struggled this week and there were a couple of false starts before I hot on the idea of making a handbag card


The bag shape is quite simple, its just a long strip of card with a few folds. This diagram provides a guide, just decide what dimensions you want for the front of the bag and make your calculations from there
 
Info
Black Bazzill card for the bag, folded as in the diagram.
Extra black card cut to size for the embossed panels (Swirls Embossing Folder by Cuttlebug) 
Gold panels cut abt 0.5cm larger than the embossed panels. then all these panels glued in place on front and back of bag. 
Next I cut a rectangle about 2cms wider than the front flap of decorative paper (Meet Me in Paris by DCWV)  As this piece extends over the folding section its a  good idea to make matching creases in it before lining up and adhering in place.
I added a gold strip to the lower edge of the flap.
Next I made a couple of tassels from the 'flap' paper and some glitter paper, and a gold tag (plus one in white for adding a tiny sentiment). These were attached to the back of a gold die cut and embossed shape (Spellbinders) before gluing in place. All my detail elements are die cut - its amazing what you can find to use for these when you look through your die collection!  You could also use large brads, jewels, charms etc.
It's much easier to make than it looks, and I'd love you to have ago and let me know how you get on.

That's all for today, Thank You so much for visiting,
i hope you'll leave a comment, I really love seeing your messages!

Happy Crafting, and Stay Safe

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

very elegant Kathy gorgeous project

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is stunning. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Angelnorth said...

Definitiley has the glam factor - can't go wrong with black and gold for a touch of opulence!

Svenja said...

You really nailed the glamourous theme! Superelegant make <3