Friday, June 26, 2020

3D project - Card Presentation Bag



Hi there
Okay, I can't help it, I'm feeling very angry right now, so here comes a rant
  All these weeks, most of us have taken the warnings on board, stayed away from our loved ones and changed our plans, all to try and keep this virus from our doors and the doors of those we care about.  Difficult decisions have been made by us all, holidays cancelled, special celebrations cancelled or postponed, including my lovely nephew and his fiancee's August wedding. 
And yet it seems that a great proportion of our fellow Brits have absolutely no regard for anyone - including themselves.  
I'm totally disgusted by them.  I don't know how to express the contempt I have for them. They must be Morons

But anyway, I'm sure you, Lovely Reader are not in that group - how are you feeling - I hope you are keeping safe and well, and now more than ever taking care about where you go and who you meet up with. 💕💕💕

A few weeks back Miri set the Daring Cardmakers challenge and asked us to make cards for Special, or Big Occasions.  It worked out quite well for me as I'd just been asked to make a 90th birthday card.  It was quite a bulky card with a big peony flower in the lower corner, so I thought it would be a good idea to make some kind of presentation bag/box rather than just a regular envelope.

This time it was Dawn's challenge that came in handy!

LET'S GO 3D
For this week's challenge I would like to see
your 3D projects. So please share your gift bags,
boxes and other 3D projects with us!


 Click HERE to see this week's fabulous DT inspiration
 
 
Basically this is the same as a gift bag, but I added a flap with a narrow fold at the top to create a closure.
Info
 The lovely peony digital papers are a download from Alphabet Store via Etsy, I also made some matching designs to use for the labels

The main patterned curved layer was cut with a die from a Spellbinders set, this piece was then attached over the main gift bag section and decorated with a layered butterfly (Hunkydory).  
For the flapover section, I used another piece of dotted card with one edge shaped using an Oval die (Tonic Studios).
Matching holes were punched in the front of the bag and  the flapover and a silver ribbon added to seal it.
To complete I added a pc generated label, and a hanging tag from the same striped and dotted papers.  The 'S' was cut in the same shiny pink card as the upper layer of the butterfly

That's all for today, Thank You so much for visiting,
i hope you'll leave a comment, I really love seeing your messages!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe




5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautiful Kathy
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is stunning I love it. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Miri said...

I remember the card! And I love it that you made a matching bag. It's very cute and super handy (it hurts to squeeze bulky cards in tiny regular envelopes)!
(I understand your rant as well. It doesn't feel fair if some people stick to the rules ... and others don't... endangering everybody. I guess many people all over the world can relate :-()

Shabneez said...

Well said Kathy! I couldn't agree more!
Beautiful creation.
Shabneez x

Dawn said...

I am so pleased that my challenge came in handy. Your project is very beautiful. xxx