Friday, March 06, 2020

March Elemental Inspiration

  

Hello

I hope you've had a good week.
No waffle today, just straight on to this week's
Daring Cardmakers challenge and as its the first Friday of the month we have a new Elemental Inspiration picture,chosen by Miri:.

March Elemental Inspiration picture

Just be sure to use at least three elements on your card.

These could be: big words, succulents, a typewriter or a typewriter font, 
an octopus, jewellery, tea, lines etc.

From Miri's board I chose the Layout, the Rings and the Flowers/Greenery and made this birthday card



Info
To begin with I used various shades and various types of ink to colour up a piece of card.  This was then cut into strips, then smaller pieces to create the background.  The edges of each piece were inked, and a little more colour added if required.  They were arranged to fit the upper section of the card and glued in place.
There was enough card left to cut the narrow strip for the lower edge - I added strokes of extra colour to make vague stripes.  
Next I made the sentiment on the pc using a simple font and printed
 to fit the gap.
 Thinner card was inked in some of the colours I'd already used to make the flowers.  I've used dies from the March Papercraft Society box to cut the flowers, and different shades of green card with various Spellbinders dies 
for the greenery
These were all arranged onto a Scribbled Circles (Tonic Studios) die-cut which I'd cut in an embossed silver card
To finish I punched tiny circles of spare card to the centres of the flowers, and topped them with Nuvo Glitter and then Glossy Accents



That's all for today, Thank You so much for visiting,
please leave a comment, I really love seeing your messages! 


Happy Crafting!


7 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love the design and the flowers are so pretty. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Angelnorth said...

A bright and happy-looking card Kathy, I never think of using the layout of the inspiration bt this looks fab!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous and great design card Kathy
Gr Karin

Andree said...

A fabulous card Kathy. Lovely, bright colours, perfect for Spring xx

Miri said...

That's such a cool idea of you to create a "tile" bakground. I also love all the different shades of green and orange/red. It's a perfect spring combination.
(... and I still admire it that you don't use stamps, but find so many other ways to add sentiments etc. to your cards)

Robyn Oliver said...

Oh wow Kathy, I love this card... never thought to use the layout and yours look fabulous, of course flowers are my fav so I'm loving your spray with those silver rings in the background....just gorgeous, Robyn

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow loving the orange backgrounds and those flowers!!