Friday, February 28, 2020

Take a Flying Leap!




Hello

I hope you've hjad a good week.  We had ourselves a lovely few days away
last weekend.  We stayed in the grounds of Audley End House which is less than an hour's drive from us because you don't really want to make long car journeys in February, do you? We've visited Audley End many times, but this time we booked the English Heritage holiday cottage, which is one of the Lodges, or Gatehouses for the 'Big House'! We love staying with EH, we've stayed in 'cottages' in Walmer and Carisbrooke castles, in the grounds of Reivaulx Abbey, Mount Grace Priory, a gatehouse of Old Hardwick Hall and a cottage in the grounds of Battle Abbey, site of the Battle of Hastings.
Anyway, we had a lovely stay, and it was a joy to spend some time just chilling out and enjoying the scenery - we even saw some sunshine (though it was still cold and windy) and it didn't even rain till Monday when we were on our way home!
But now, back to some crafting and I have a list as long as my 
arm of things I need to make!
First a quick blog post!
This week's host at The Daring Cardmakers is Svenja and her challenge is very timely!
I would like you to
Take a Flying Leap!
2020 is a leap year - use this extra day to show us things(or people) that leap - frogs, bunnies,
squirrels, or maybe a sportsman like Bob Beamon.....

You can see what our fab Design Team made by clicking HERE
  I have the cutest little Bunny Spellbinders die set from my much-missed Spellblogger days and I couldn't resist using it to make another 'wiper' card as they are just the perfect combination!

When the card is pulled out of the envelope it looks like this


 It's called a 'Wiper' card - because there's a moving part that when you pull on the sides of the card pops up in a 'swishing' way like a car's windscreen wiper.
It doesn't open out like a regular card, but once the mechanism is activated it will stand upon it's own and here's how it looks

Info
White card for the two main panels
Patterned papers are from a lovely old set Bloom and Grow by MME
Rabbit die set Spellbinders
Alphabet die set also SpellbindersFlower decorations are cut from the patterned paper
White on black 'birthday' in pc generated

That's all for today, I hope you like it. Ince again, I did make a little video of the card in action, but I've still not worked out how to load it (I need to get the resident Help Desk Chap to show me 😉), I'll add it later if I get that far.  However, if you're interested in seeing it I'll be adding it to my Instagram (@kathybcrafting) later today.

Thank You so much for visiting,
please leave a comment, I really love seeing your messages! 


Happy Crafting!



5 comments:

Shabneez said...

I must have a go at making one of these Kathy - love yours with the rabbit peeking out. I'm sure I've been to Audley End House - I recall a miniature railway that I went on with my eldest who was only 3 or 4 at the time. Shabneez x

Cath Wilson said...

I LOVe your wiper cards and will be hunting for tutorials! They must be so exciting to the recipients - really making them smile! The way you used the rabbits is brilliant.
Cath x

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful Kathy and cute
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love it. Those bunnies are so cute. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Robyn Oliver said...

Kathy I meant to come by last week and leave you a comment.... I just simply love this card... a "Wiper card" - wow this is so cool, and bunny elements are the just cutest, loving those colour too... might just have to put this on my 'to do' list, Robyn