Tuesday, March 31, 2020

More Recycled Treasures



Hello
How are you? I hope you're all coping with our new way of life - I liked the message I saw the other day that said we need to change the mindset of "Stuck at home" to being "Safe at home".  Putting a more positive spin on it is the way to go, I think.
I'm hoping that the companies who won't allow people to work from home in 'normal' life, probably because they don't trust their employees to do their work, will finally se the benefit of being more amenable to the idea, having been forced into it!  Think of the impact on the road and rail networks, let alone the air quality in our cities.
Enough waffling for today!
I made a second card for Friday's 'Recycling' challenge at The Daring Cardmakers and decided to use the second for another blog post.
My recycled items this time were some corrugated cardboard from a small box (the wrinkles are much smaller than on a normal box), a pretty card pocket that came with some flowers I received a few weeks ago,  a gold paper hat from one of our Christmas Crackers and another of the Seasalt tags



 Info
 I cut the pocket open and used one side and a wavy border die to make the pieces.  These were then adhered onto the paper hat gold foil leaving narrow gaps between the strips.
This section was then adhered to the card front
I used more of the gold to make a mat for the corrugated square and added the layered, die cut butterfly on top
I covered the wording on the tag with a sentiment piece and shortened the twine to fit better. From my scraps box I found some green card to match the clothing tag and cut the leafy swirls to go under the focus piece
To finish I added a few matching pearls









That's all for today, I hope you like it, and that you'll feel inspired to look around for rescued treasure to use in your crafting!   Thank You so much for visiting,
please leave a comment, I really love seeing your messages! 


Happy Crafting!


4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous I love it. What great recycling. I do think there will be changes ahead when we are through this. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and gorgeous card Kathy
Gr Karin

Shabneez said...

Ooooh fancy card Kathy and wonderful use of recycled products! Totally agree with the positive spin. Shabneez x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So very beautiful lovely color combo