Friday, March 27, 2020

It's Not Hoarding - It's Recycling!


Hello
I hope you're keeping well and managing to get on ok with home-working and all the other changes many of us have had to make to our daily lives.
I'm hoping that at the end of it, we'll all have learned something, about ourselves, about what's important, about how we treat each 
other and our planet
Maybe some good can come out of it in the end
This week at The Daring Cardmakers we have an interesting challenge, set by Ruth, and maybe this is the kind of thing you can do with your kids too
  
Recycled 
 I would like you to use something you've recycled on 
your project this week.
We're all staying home,  trying to keep safe, so a 

great chance to go through that
"might come in useful one day"

box (we all have one, eh?) for some inspiration
Don't forget to tell us what you used!
You can see what our fab Design Team made by clicking HERE
 
I'll admit to being a hoarder, especially of things that might eventually find their way on to a crafting project.  No ribbon ever ends up in the bin while I'm around!
I am quite addicted to the clothing firm Seasalt and not only are the clothes lush, but they generally have the most gorgeous clothing tags complete with tiny safety pins and lovely bits of twine!  
Which is how I've collected this little lot:
I used one of the picture tags plus some twine for this card, along with some satin ribbon which has the name of the shop it came from on the reverse, the navy blue card for the doily shape is also recycled - from around a jewellery presentation box.  Info
Soft White base card  
To start I dipped the tag in thick gold stencil paint all around the edges,
A few random ink smudges of colours from the tag to make a background, then a few zigzags stencilled over the top.
2 x Tonic Scribble Circles dies cut in textured gold card plus the smaller of a set of Memory Box doily dies cut from the recycled blue card
The ribbon was adhered in place and a second piece used to make the knot - carefully placed so the writing on the other side doesn't show!
For the flowers I inked up a few scraps of card to match the background
 Next I arranged the tag, the flowers and some die cut leaves in place, cunningly
concealing the shop name on the tag!
I found a plant pit charm to glue at the top and added a bow from the label twine over the hole, then added a sentiment, a few gems and pearls to complete the card


That's all for today, I hope you like it, and that you'll feel inspired to look around for rescued treasure to use in your crafting!   Thank You so much for visiting,
please leave a comment, I really love seeing your messages! 


Happy Crafting!



5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful Kathy

Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. I also hope that lessons will be learnt. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Robyn Oliver said...

Kathy your 'upcycled' card is just gorgeous, love all your layers, stencilled background and beautiful flowers... I'm a hoarder too - all those lovely tags, ribbons and packaging is too hard to toss out...take card and a big thank you for having me as guest designer this past two months, I have enjoyed myself, hugs Robyn

Shabneez said...

An interesting read Kathy but I'm afraid my recyling actually goes into recyling!!!! I adore your creation though - it's full of texture. Shabneez x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great recycling, gorgeous project