Friday, March 13, 2020

Lucky, Lucky, Lucky


Hello

I hope you've had a good week. 
We've got the builders in!  After a break of a couple of years since the last work we had done, I'd forgotten just how invasive it is, even though they are working outside the house this time.  I'll get used to it - I have to, they're going to be around for a couple of months!  

This week's host at The Daring Cardmakers is Joanne and she's come up with a twist on Friday 13th for our challenge this week
Lucky For Some
Friday 13th might be unlucky for some but it’s St Patrick’s day on Tuesday so we might be able to balance it out with the luck of the Irish! Make a card featuring something lucky. 

Different cultures around the world have different symbols - you might choose a four leaf clover or a horseshoe. Or perhaps a peony, a dream catcher or the number seven. If you’re stuck for ideas, there’s a fun list here, plenty to choose from!
You can see what our fab Design Team made by clicking HERE
I was doubly lucky with my card as I hadn't realised that peonies were a good fortune symbol until I read Joanne's suggestions.  As they are a favourite flower of mine both in the garden and to make from paper, I was very happy to make one for my SiL's birthday card, I also used some lovely peony paper to make the 'eclipse' background.

  Info
White base card 
Digital papers printed onto white Bazzill 
Name cut from the flowery paper with my favourite Alphabet Spellbinders
 die set (the one I lost the 'A' from - but there's no 'A' in STEPH!!)
The letter stacks were cut in pink card to create the eclipse effect
The striped upper layer is raised on foam tape
The peony flower was created using pink card and a Flower die set also Spellbinders
Aqua satin ribbon for the bow
A tiny sentiment tag and a few pink pearls to complete



That's all for today, I hope you like it. Thank You so much for visiting,
please leave a comment, I really love seeing your messages! 


Happy Crafting!



5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's gorgeous Kathy
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. It is so pretty I just love the design. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Robyn Oliver said...

This is a really beautiful card Kathy, I love the stacked letters in the gorgeous peony PP and the flower and ribbon perfect additions to finish the card, Robyn

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Such a beautiful card Kathy. Great work

Gwyneth said...

A lovely card.
GG