Friday, February 07, 2020

February's Elemental Inspiration

  

Hello

I hope you've had a good week. It's been quite frosty most mornings this week, so a bit of windscreen-scraping for OH, but also very bright and sunny, so he says he ate his sandwich sitting out on a sunny bench in the park a couple of times instead of in the office kitchen.  
I decided I needed a treat, so popped onto the Radley website. I just might have bougt 2 bags rather than the one.  
Well there was a sale on, wasn't there? 😁😁


So, time to see what Ruth has come up with to challenge The Daring Cardmakers this week.

 It's the first Friday of the month so that can only mean time for 
February's Elemental Inspiration picture  
Don't forget that you need to include at least 3 elements in 
your creation, and the colour palette counts as one.  
Let us know which ones you've used! 
Click HERE to meet our lovely new Guest Designer, and
 to see what elements the DT chose to use

From Tuth's board I chose the cacti/succulents, hearts, circles (the shape of the biscuit plate) and the twine/bow
Info
The large circle is stencilled in a soft green-grey shade of ink, then I fixed another stencil over the top to add the hearts.
The little plants are cut using a die set by Spellbinders that I've used soooo many times!
The Scribbled Circles are by Tonic and were cut in an embossed silver card
For the tiny hearts and dots I used the 'waste' from an old border punch
The sentiment is another of my own 'white on black' set that I made last week
The twine is from my stash


That's all for today, Thank You so much for visiting,
please leave a comment, I really love seeing your messages! 


Happy Crafting!



8 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love all the details you have added. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful Kathy
Gr Karin

Beverly said...

Hi Kathy,
Great card! I am interested in sponsoring The Daring Cardmakers. Please contact me at artsystamper@hotmail.com
Beverly aka Artsystamper.com

Andree said...

A really pretty card Kathy. The colours and design are lovely xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Super cute, love those die cuts

Julia Dunnit said...

I love this, particularly how you’ve picked bits to take from the guide palette...they make me panic badly, so it’s really nice to see one being widely used from colours to shapes and the twine, very educational! To continue an earlier discussion...mmmmmmmm carnation milk rice pudding. I’d be a solid by now if I’d discovered that! As for the bags...you are forgiven. Well, you aren’t actually, I’m a bit jelly!!

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colours and the cacti and succulent dies. Creative Blessings. x

Angelnorth said...

Fun take on the inspiration pic Kathy, love the scribble circles to ground everything!