Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Love Layering it Up!

Hello

How is your week going?  Mine is proving to be on a bit of a go-slow!  At least I've made a start on my card for Friday's new Daring Cardmakers' challenge, but a start is all....
When Shabneez came up with her 'Layer It Up' challenge last Friday I had no bother getting stuck in, and I had two cards made in no time.  
The first one I blogged on Friday, but I've been a bit tardy (remember that 'go-slow' I mentioned....) in getting the 2nd up on here.  
Anyhoo, it's about 11.35 and I'm determined to get this published before I allow myself to go for lunch!


 Info
I started with a stencilled layer as before, this time using my absolute favourite stencil from The Crafters Workshop.  I used regular inks this time, and tiny pieces of rolled up cloth so that I could add the different colours in random fashion.  I then moved the stencil over a little and stencilled again, but with gold paint.
Next I made a double scribbled circle piece in gold card using another of the dies from a recent Tonic bargain bundle, and fixed the two together.
I built up the layers using card from Paula Pasqual's Papercraft Society box.  A EK Success border punch was used on the wider piece.  
The black and white piece and the sentiment were pc generated and printed onto card
 
The flower was one left over from the other card {see HERE for details}
A few leaves were cut in gold and green and tucked under the flower and circles,  I added a deep aqua pearl to the flower centre and it was all done

If I counted all the layers there would be a lot, so I won't 😃


  That's all for today, Thank You so much for visiting,
please leave a comment, I really love seeing your messages!

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. It is so pretty I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

so very pretty today! great die cut

Shabneez said...

I love seeing these wonderful creations of yours Kathy - they make me happy! Shabneez x