Friday, February 21, 2020

All Tied Up




Hello


It's been one of those weeks when I feel as if I've not stopped for a minute, but that I've very little to show for it.  I think I need a holiday!
It's my turn to set the challenge at The Daring Cardmakers this eek, and I chose quite a simple idea - and then proceeded to make it really hard for myself!

This week it's Kathy here, and my challenge is called
 All Tied Up

 I'd love to see you using some kind of thread, wool, fibres, 
twine, string etc on your cards. You can use a little, maybe just a small twine bow,  or make it more of a feature and wind lots of fibre or string around to make a background.

You can see what our fab Design Team made by clicking HERE
  
I needed to make a birthday card for my OH, and tbh, I was all out of ideas for making something linked to his interests as I usually do, so I thought I'd try making a type of card I've only come across recently.  It's called a 'Wiper' card - because there's a moving part that when you pull on the sides of the card  appears in a 'swishing' way like a car's windscreen wiper.
The card I ended up making should have been about 8" square, but I got a bit carried away, so in the end I had to make an envelope for it too.  
I should have heeded the "Measure twice, cut once" mantra, shouldn't I?


The photos above show the closed card, and then wiper section just appearing as I pull on the sides.  Cute, eh?
There are loads of tutorials on the web for making these cards, it's worth looking at a few of them, and then having a 'dry run' to see how it all works and what is possible.  I know this because I tired to be too much of a cleverclogs and ended up with a pile of scrap for my first effort!

Info
A couple of sheets A4 Dark blue card for the main pieces
Blue and White digital papers printed onto white Bazzill (they are actually Christmas papers!)
I used dies (balloons, small stars, twirly flourishes, hearts) and ready-made die cut elements (set of balloons, champagne bittle, 'surprise' word) elements  from February's Papercraft Society Box. 
Letters are die cut (Altenew alphabet set) and layered 
Twine from my stash


That's all for today, I hope you like it. I did make a little video of the card in action, but I've not worked out how to load it yet, so if I do, I'll add it later!

Thank You so much for visiting,
please leave a comment, I really love seeing your messages! 


Happy Crafting!



5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love the design it is fabulous. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great project Kathy

gr karin

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Oh wow just stunning

Angelnorth said...

Fab bit of apper engineering Kathy and it will be easier next time having figured it all out with this one!

Robyn Oliver said...

Brilliant 'wiper' card Kathy, such fun and bursting with surprises - I love it, Robyn