Friday, February 14, 2020

It's All About Love




Hello
Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you've had a good week, and stayed safe and dry during nasty Storm Ciara's visit.  We escaped the worst of it here, but it was still extremely windy last weekend and stayed blustery all week. 
My crafting was as unsettled as the weather this week and making a Valentine's card for my hubby took forever!
Thankfully, after a few false starts, I got there eventually, and was actually quite pleased with it in the end.

As this week's challenge at The Daring Cardmakers is all about everything we love and he's the one I love the most, I really wanted to make OH's Valentine's card for this challenge, but I also wanted to include some of the bits and bobs I love to craft with..

Its Dawn here to host this week's challenge and as its 
Valentines Day I have picked a theme called

Someone or Something You Love
 
I want you to feature something on your creations that  you Love.  This could be a person, food, an object, your  favourite craft product etc....


Info
Large red square card blank with smooth white square panel
I made the heart first, inking up some card in my favourite shades of aqua and turquoise, then die-cutting the largest heart from a Tonic Studios nested set.
Over the top I used my favourite stencil with some silver paint and some glitter paste.
I do love my new Tonic Scribble die sets, so used a couple of the largest circles cut in silver and entwined together for the heart to sit on
LOVE was created by fixing 4 layers of the white letters together and gluing them to a piece of black card, with a little tab on black and white printed card, and loop of red ribbon tucked beneath.
'you' was die cut in dark red glitter card (saved from a Christmas cracker!) and I made the 'always'  piece using PSP on the computer.  This was matted onto a strip of dotty paper from an old MME paper pad
To finish, I added a ribbon tied in a bow around the entwined circles, and a few gems of differenttypes, sizes and colours

That's all for today, I hope you like it.  I'd spent most of my crafting time this week making and rejecting all sorts of ideas, backgrounds and heart shapes and was beginning to feel totally at a loss.  
At that point I cleared my craft mat, and decided to change the scribbled heart die set I wanted to use for the plainer, larger heart die cut and then my card came together in about half an hour! 

Thank You so much for visiting,
please leave a comment, I really love seeing your messages! 


Happy Crafting!




6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

so beautiful Kathy

gr karin

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

lovely color combo on this card today.

Shabneez said...

I love everything about this one Kathy! Shabneez x

Dawn said...

This is fabulous. I just love everything about it. xxx

Angelnorth said...

Love the aqua and red combo and the stacked elements look great, fab card Kathy!