Monday, September 02, 2019

With All My Heart!

Hello!

How did we get to September already?  I'm sure it was s only 5 minutes since it was cold and miserable and I was yearning for Spring!

I'm finally getting round to sharing the card I made to give hubby in our anniversary at the end of July - yes, I know it's ages ago now!
The structural part of the card is made using one of Karen Burniston's pop up card die sets, the same set I used to make a flower box pop up a few weeks ago.  You can see that one HERE.

This time I wanted to fill the box with hearts.



Info
The flower pot was made first using a matte silver card. 
  Bazzill card was used for the card base and also for printing the patterned papers I wanted to use, they are all digital papers from MaiShop digital

 The Sentiment panel was created by cropping one of the paper designs to the shape I needed, then using Paint Shop Pro to create the box for my message.
Most of the hearts were made using a fab die set by Bright Rosa.  There's a great mix of sizes, plains and patterns in the set.
Other hearts were made with other dies and punches to get more variety.

The pop up mechanism is really clever, you need to be careful and make sure all the bits tuck inside when the card is closed. I added some hearts on wire for some extra bounce!

Here it is half closed 



I made a slide on/off Belly Band to keep everything tucked inside until the card was opened. The huge hearts on the belly band are also in the Bright Rosa set.   I just added some claret red ribbon and a bow to finish it off.

Here it is closed up



And here's a closer look at the box section with all the hearts bursting out.




That's my lot for today, thanks for visiting

Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's so very beautiful Kathy
Gr Karin

Andree said...

How fabulous Kathy! A great design and it looks wonderful in that striking colourway xx

Jackie T said...

Wow Kathy this is a stunning card. I love it. I bet your hubby did too it is amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Angelnorth said...

Fabulous pop up Kathy, looks great with hearts rather than the more expected flowers and the matte silver looks so stylish, great anniversary card!

Rose Andrew said...

Fabulous card .. love how it pops up. Greats colors .
xx

Shabneez said...

What a stunner Kathy! I'm trying to catch up on blog commenting today.....Shabneez x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow just amazing!! Gorgeous works of art