Friday, September 27, 2019

Kalimera!


Hello

Did you know that it's World Tourism Day today?  No, nor did I!  But what a great excuse for rambling through all those holiday photos and memories, eh?
Thanks to all the digital photos we have stored on our pc I wandered around the world this week.

Thank you Shabneez for reminding me of all the wonderful places I've been lucky enough to visit over the years!

It was all because of this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge

World Tourism Day
 It's World Tourism Day, so please feature something from another
country or culture
your cards this week.  

It could be cherry blossom from Japan, a henna pattern 
from India or a cactus from Mexico!
The World is your oyster....

 Click HERE to visit the blog and see where in the world this one took our Designers!

I knew I wanted to use one of our own photos on my card, and despite trawling through all those photos and remembrances, I ended up with an archetypal Greek shot.  
Of course I did!
I adore Greece and have visited many times since my very first trip 'abroad' took me there.  So there's more of photos from Greece and the Islands than anywhere else!  I chose one from a fantastic couple of weeks we spent in Santorini a few years back. 

Info
Photo printed onto white textured Bazzill card, I added a blue line around it in Paint Shop Pro before printing.
I used the same card to cover a card blank so that it matched perfectly and used foam tape to adhere the photo in places.
Some scraps of the same card were inked in shades of green, and various inks used to get the right colour for the terracotta urn. 
For the blossom I used some pink paper from my scraps box, the branches are cut using a dull green card.
I found the flag image and resized and printed two copies, making a mirror image version for one or them and adding narrow silver card strips for the poles
 
All the dies used are from various Spellbinders die sets.  The urn is just a fat oval with the ends cut off!


Well.I hope you'll pop over to see the other ideas the DT have come up with, and of course it would be wonderful to have you join in with the Daring Cardmakers  this week

Thanks for looking in today


Happy Crafting!


5 comments:

Marianne said...

Kalimera! I couldn't help noticing your card on the Daring Cardmakers blog. I have to confess I still have not visited Santorini, even though we have been living in Crete for almost 11 years now.
And I adore your little table and chairs.
Kalo Sabbatokyriako!

Angelnorth said...

Fun card, lovely way to use a photo and I adore your staging props for this one - perfect!

KarinsArtScrap said...

you have made a beautiful Kathy

Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. It really makes me want to go on holiday. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Love the photo Kathy. The challenge worked and I would like to visit Greece! Your props are fabulous BTW. Shabneez x