Monday, September 30, 2019

Quick Rosy Gift Bag


Hello!

I'm back after a couple of lazy weeks on the sun on the Greek island of Skiathos.  So this week's Daring Cardmakers Tourism card was very apt for me! 
Now though its time to try and get back to crafting - I have quite a few projects I need to be getting on with.

First though, this morning I needed a little gift bag to pop a small present into, so this was a nice little project to ease myself in with


Info
I used half a sheet of 12x12 with a lovely rose pattern and formed it into a gift bag shape
Having put the gift inside, I folded the top over a couple of times and used my cropodile to punch the holes
 A couple of lengths of raffia were threaded through the holes and a bow tied in the centre.
To finish I added 3 tiny rosebuds pushed through the raffia, and then coiled the wire ends
 Though I've flown to the island of Skiathos a couple of times in the past, it's  been en route for neighbouring islands of Skopelos and Alonissos so all I've seen of the island itself is the harbour and a bit of Skiathos Town while waiting for the Dolphin to arrive.  This year we decided to stay on Skiathos and booked a villa just outside the town.
Anyone who knows Greece will know how hilly the islands are, and how steep, narrow and winding the roads can be.  Our villa was up one of those kind of roads - with the odd hairpin bend and 1st gear being the only option to use in getting up.  I'm a right wuss about roads like this, so it's just as well OH takes it all in his stride.  The views were worth it though - with a few of the uninhabited islands in the bay, then looking out to Skopelos, and further right of this photo on clear days we could even see Evia on the mainland and the mountains in the distance. 



I love a view!  From our upper terrace we could watch the little beach boats and yachts, as well as the Flying Dolphin catamarans and the big inter-island ferries going by.
It's really hard getting back to reality!


That's my lot for today, thanks for visiting

Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a lovely bag Kathy

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous gift bag I love the design. Your holiday location looks just amazing. We have to wait until November when we go on a cruise. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Andree said...

A very pretty gift bag Kathy. Your holiday photos look fabulous too x

Gwyneth said...

Very prety bag. The paper you chose is gorgeous. Sounds like you had a lovely holiday. The view looked great.
GG

Shabneez said...

A really pretty creation - bags better than what you get in the shops! Ha!!!! Shabneez x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely project today