Friday, September 13, 2019

My Wish For You



Hello

It;s Friday again and time to see what the Daring Cardmakers
are up to.  But there's a serious note to our challenge this week 

We ask you to join in with us as we think especially of Dawn, who lost her
beloved father recently


    Special Thoughts
Remind someone that you are thinking of them. 

There are many times when a little card can help someone through 
a tough period in their life.
It could be a Sympathy or Condolence card, but it also be a message of solidarity and/or hope. 

Or just to let a friend know that they aren't forgotten even if you've not been in touch for a while. 
Or maybe create a card that helps remind you of a loved one.
 Click HERE to visit the blog and see all the lovely cards made by our Designers

For my three elements I chose the rectangles, Flamingo and Flowers

I found this quote on the internet some time ago, and its full of hope and support  and a message we probably should say to our friends and relatives more often than we do


Info
I've used a beautiful, embossed and textured pearlised card from Craft Perfect for the background of my card, and another colour from the same 6x6 pad for one of the butterfly layers
The text was created in Paint Shop Pro so that I could resize it to fit exactly, then printed onto plain white card.
I matted it onto a darker shade to match the background, and also used the same card to cut the gorgeous leaves.  The die is by Marisa Job from
Spellbinders
For the butterfly I used the smallest size in the Moonstone Beautiful Butterflies  set from Hunkydory
To finish I just added a small bow and a few pearls


I know from my own experience how much a note or a card helps when you are going through a difficult time.  Sometimes its just too hard actually talk to anyone, so knowing they are still thinking of you is a real comfort.

I hope you'll pop over to see the inspirational and thoughtful cards the DT have made, and of course it would be wonderful to have you join in with the Daring Cardmakers  this week

Thanks for looking in today

Happy Crafting!


5 comments:

Dawn said...

A beautiful card with a beautiful sentiment. x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifullllllll card Kathy

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. I love that verse. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Angelnorth said...

Great idea to make the words the focus of the design Kathy, this is lovely.

Shabneez said...

A wonderful verse - very thoughtful. Hope you're having a good time Kathy! Shabneez x