Friday, October 04, 2019

October Elemental Inspiration Challenge


Hello!
I hope you've had a good week. 
While we were enjoying our holiday in Skiathos and oblivious to everything else, it seems that Autumn sneaked in back here! Obviously it didn't escape Miri over in Germany because she's chosen a really Autumnal mood board for
the Daring Cardmakers this week.
Hello. It's Miri here this time.
It’s already October and I’m looking forward to some cosy golden autumn days.
 Remember, you just need to pick a minimum 3 elements  from the picture to use when making your card.  If you choose to use the colour palette, then that would count as one of your elements
Here is the inspirational picture I picked:

I chose the Autumn Leaves, Woodgrain texture, the Capital Letters and the colours to use for my card


Info
To begin I inked up several scraps of white card with Autumnal coloured inks and left them to dry while I fot started on the rest of the card.
I used a woodgrain embossing folder with a square of card, then added some pale grey and fawn inks over the top.  The edges were inked with blue to echo the tiny hint of blue sky on the Inspiration Picture, then matted onto brown card and adhered to the card base.
The Twiggy wreath was die cut from brown card and the leaves from the prepared pieces of inked card. There was enough of the inked card left to die cut the Thank You sentiment
I added a few pine cones cut from a dull pale gold card

All the dies used are from various Spellbinders die sets. 


I hope you'll pop over to see the fab cards the DT have made this week, and of course it would be wonderful to have you join in with the Daring Cardmakers this week

Thanks for looking in today


Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautiful Kathy love the circle die

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning thank you card. I love the design. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Definitely great minds think alike Kathy! I must admit I prefer yours with the warm colour tones. Shabneez x

Rose Andrew said...

Hi Kathy .. such a Beautiful card ... love fall colors . Happy Fall.
Hugs Rose xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great layout and lovely color combo

Svenja said...

It's beautiful!