Friday, June 02, 2017

Summer Breeze

Hello
How the heck did it get to be June already?  
The weather here has been lovely for the last couple of weeks and I think Shabneez was very influenced by all the sunshine when she chose this month's Elemental Inspiration Picture for The Daring Cardmakers - I absolutely love the beautiful soft sunset shades of the colour palette!
You need to choose a minimum of 3 'elements' from the inspiration picture to use on your own project - it could be the colours, the Layout, the textures, even just some small detail you spot in there, Anything you see counts!  Almost every time we do these challenges someone on the team uses something I hadn't even noticed!

Anyway, what I did notice this time was a close up of beautiful peonies  and as it's definitely peony season, and I love making them that was definitely going to be one of my chosen elements for this card
I also decided on the pattern of 6 rectangles, and the gorgeous sunset in the centre picture on the bottom row.  I've used the same colours too, though mine are rather stronger shades!
And here is Shabneez's beautiful Inspiration picture
For me, the hardest, and most time-consuming part of this whole card was making that darned 6-rectangle pattern as I thought it would be a good idea to use it like a window frame over the sunset background - cutting those rectangles was a nightmare as I could only die-cut one rectangle at a time.  Even though I measured, and thought I'd lined each one up carefully it still went a bit wrong - so some disguising was necessary 😉
 Info
Background sunset piece made using various inks and blending them
 all with a wet wipe
'Window' frame made by die-cutting the rectangles (Tonic die set)
For the peony flowers I used a couple of different dies (Spellbinders and Crafter's Companion).  They were cut in a couple of shades of Bazzill card, damped with water and inked before shaping with a ball tool
The flags for the bunting were hand cut from scraps left over from the background piece 
Bakers Twine and ribbon from my stash
This was a lovely Inspiration piece to work with, and the team have made some beautiful cards using their chosen elements.  We are a very varied bunch in our tastes and styles and these challenges make our team think so creatively - I always love to see what everyone makes!
You can check them all out HERE

That's it for now, thank you for visiting, I hope you have a great weekend!


 

13 comments:

Shabneez said...

I bet it was a breeze making the card too Kathy! Haha! Stunning. I tried making flowers but gave up as ran out of time......Shabneez x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful with those warm colours Kathy
Gr Karin

Unknown said...

Stunning card Kathy, the flowers are beautiful and I love the colours. Cathy x

Jan said...

I love this pretty card Kathy xx Jan

Tracy Welham said...

Love this Kathy, it looks like a beautiful sunset and the flowers are gorgeous. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Kate M said...

This is absolutely fabulous, the colours are super and those flowers divine!!
xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

WOW stunning, I just LOVE your colors on this card and the great flowers and lovely bow

Katie said...

Stunning card and love the sun set scene

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love the colours you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Laine said...

Stunning warm colour palette and fabulous detail Kathy!
Laine
x

Miri said...

The sunset background is stunning!!! I don't think that anyone would have noticed your troubles ... but the bunting looks great, so it was a good idea to add it.

Angelnorth said...

I'm guessing nobody but you would have seen the "mistake" with the window frame, Kathy! Fab take on the inspiration (and I saw them as ranunculus which just goes to show we all see different things!)

Dawn said...

So beautiful, the sunset background is amazing. x