Saturday, June 10, 2017

Prim and Proper - Spellblogging for Spellbinders


Hello there!
Thank you for joining me for another Weekend Spellblogging post for Spellbinders
This week I'm using a fabulous die set called 'Prims' which doesn't really give a lot away as a title, does it? 
As you can see from the picture above, what you get are all the bits you need to make a really cute house, complete with flowers for the 'garden' and gorgeous star and heart shapes to add a flourish



 
Info
I used a smooth white card blank, then for the top section I printed the sentiment directly onto another piece of the same card, cutting down to size to fit on the deep aqua mat
To give you an idea of size,when you fit the triangle and rectangle together to make the basic house, it measures abt. 11cms high and 5cms at the lower edge of the triangle.
Here's all of the components of the sweet 'Prims' die set 
- you get a lot in this one!
I kept this really simple, just cutting the various pieces from coloured card. I stencilled through the door piece with slightly darker ink, which gives a subtle highlight to it.
 I couldn't resist adding a tiny bit of bling, so I cut the tiny circles for the flowers from yellow glitter card.
The only extras were the tiny punched hearts in the lower right corner. 
When I saw this set in the Spellbinders shop, it just had to come and live with me - I could see how versatile it would be.  The various pieces combine to make a lovely little picture, but all of them will find their way into other projects - even those basic shapes will be handy, and the heart,star and flowers are just adorable!
I made this as a card, but wouldn't it work perfectly as a little canvas?  A lovely gift for a New Home, perhaps....

   Thanks for visiting, if you click on This Link  you'll find yourself at the Spellbinders store and you can get your hands on this beautiful die set too!


Happy Crafting

 

10 comments:

Shabneez said...

Great die set Kathy - love what you've done with it. The sentiment is wonderful. Shabneez x

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a lovely card Kathy
Gr Karin

Paper and Stuff said...

Such a beautiful, fun card. And I love the long sentiment. It's perfect. x

Laine said...

So pretty in pastels. Love the sentiment.
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love those dies. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Andree said...

A brilliant card Kathy. Lovely colours and die set xx

Jan said...

What a fab card xx Jan

Katie said...

Lovely card and design

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Very cute. Great new house theme card

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Kathy. Love the colours. Cathy x