Friday, June 23, 2017

I Must go Down to the Sea Again

Good Morning!

I've been "Bonjour-ing" for the last few days, but after a lovely, if ridiculously hot and uncomfortably humid few days in France, we're back in England now.  I know the weather was hot and humid here too!  We stayed a night in St Omer before heading off into the Champagne region for a few days.  We have a subscription with 3D Wines, and 'needed' to visit the growers to pick up our order.  Life can be such a hardship sometimes.......
Actually, with the weather being as it was, it was almost as much of a pleasure to get down into the cool of the caves as it was to taste the various champagnes!  Well, possibly 

I wasn't going to miss out on Lythan's Daring Cardmakers challenge this week though - not when it was all about going "Down to the Sea", so I got my card made before we left.
I was actually paddling in the sea on Wednesday afternoon and we stayed the night in Boulogne to break up the long journey home - and then on Thursday travelled via the Eurotunnel, so I went under the sea too!
Anyway, here's my card
Info
Papers from two 6x6 paper pads called "Summer Feelings" by Studio Light
 (I just had to have them when I saw the beautiful colours and seaside designs)
The Beach Hut is die-cut using one of my newest favourite sets:'Prims' by
Spellbinders
I created the little hanging plaque in Paint Shop Pro and added a couple of starfish cut cut from one of the papers, and some Bakers Twine to hang it with
I've also cut a few other elements from the papers to add some dimension on the lower edges raising them on small pieces of chipboard.
I used a dark red scrap of card to give a pop of brightness and interest
There's a little shell 'button', a hand cut lifesaver ring and a tiny half pearl for the door handle.  The small red hearts are cut using a punch

That's it for this time, thank you so much for visiting.  I'll be catching up with your own blogs to see what I've missed just as soon as I can!

12 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

this is super cute! love the die cuts

KarinsArtScrap said...

Kathy it's very beautiful
Gr Karin

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous I love the beautiful design. I am off to the beach today here in Florida. Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love it. Your break sounds amazing. Being hot is always a bit harder when you have to work. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Love it Kathy - super design. I was wondering how you made the plaque. Glad you had a good break :)

Andree said...

A delightful card Kathy and a wonderful little seaside scene xx

Karenzkardz said...

Aww love this. .so fun and pretty x

Kay Dalton said...

so is so so pretty, it just gives me the summer feels x

Angelnorth said...

I thought there might be a beach hut from you for this challenge! Cute card, the pops of dark red are perfect with the more neutral shades!

Laine said...

How pretty is this. Full of the spirit of summer!
xx

Unknown said...

Lovely card Kathy. I love the way you've added all the little elements and the end result is so pretty. Cathy x

Kate M said...

Love the seaside scene you have created, great card! xx