Friday, June 16, 2017

Not of This World....

Hello - Happy Friday to you!

A quick post from me today - it's a busy one so I must not witter!

It's Daring Cardmakers Day again and this time Joanne posed a rather non-Kathy-friendly challenge for us:

Out of this World
It's Joanne here this week, combining interests again! I've always been a big fan of stories - whether written, spoken or acted. Since time immemorial it seems we've told stories of the fantastic and unexplainable. Let's see some imaginary or mythical beings this week - fairies, mermaids, aliens, unicorns, hobbits, dragons... where will your imagination take you? 
Hmm, "What to do with that?' I thought!
Then while putting away some papers from a recent "Craft Box" I came across a piece of paper covered with cupid drawings  and decided to go down the Classical Mythology route, with the "Birth of Venus"painting by Botticelli as the focus.
To be honest, I'm not happy with this,but I didn't really have enough time to start over
I won't list how I made this as frankly, I can't remember everything!
 I used papers, die cuts, stencilling, various inks and paints, flowers both handmade and ready made, pearl strands, pearls, gems and dewdrops.  
The picture is from Google Images and I resized it to fit my project before printing out.

If you teleport over to The Daring Cardmakers Blog you'll find a whole galaxy of other-worldiness!
It would be great to see what you could make.....

Have a great weekend

8 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Sorry, it wasn't supposed to be too difficult! You did a lovely, romantic-looking job with the theme - classical mythology was a perfect direction to take!

Paper and Stuff said...

Hi Kathy
I absolutely love this. Stunning x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. That is one of my favourite paintings. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Amazing creation Kathy - it sums up the Challenge so well! Xxx

Katie said...

This fantastic and fits the challenge too

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Stunning Card for the challenge.

Jan said...

Fabulous card Kathy xx Jan

Unknown said...

Beautiful Kathy, I love these classical images and they remind me of my honeymoon in Florence. Going to try and play along with this challenge! Cathy x