Saturday, May 27, 2017

Oodles of Ice Cream (Spellbinders Spellbloggers)



Hello there!
Thank you for joining me for another Weekend Spellblogging post for Spellbinders
Here in England we're enjoying somewhat of a heatwave - shockingly it's a Holiday weekend too"  Anyway, the weather is perfect for ice cream, and lots of it, so that's the theme I've gone with for this week's  Spellblogging project

Info
I've used a smooth white cardstock for the card base, and Bazzill Bling Diamond White and a blue-grey shade for the other pieces of card.
I smooshed various ice cream shades of ink over some scraps of the Diamond White card to cut the scoops of ice cream.  The spoon - which i completely forgot to add to the card, and the bowl were cut in un-coloured card,  All pieces were then put through the machine again to emboss, then I stencilled through the shapes on the dies with more ink

The die set I used is: 'Chill' Die D-Lites Etched Dies
As I was planning how to use the bowl of ice cream I'd created on a card, the nice UPS man arrived with another package from
Spellbinders. Those who know me know that stamping isn't a 'love' of mine by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd been quite brave and ordered up a set of sentiment stamps, and their arrival in this delivery seemed opportune, with the "Oodles" fitting quite nicely for a great big bowl of  ice cream.

The 'Oodles' sentiment is from: Special Birthday Sentiments Stamps(Classic Spellbinders) click on the picture for a larger version
 

I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with a circle punch and matted it on to a
 Lacey Circles
(Nestabilities Etched Dies) 

I made a box hinge to fix the bowl to the card, allowing it to stand out for display but fold flat to mail.  To decorate I used a few pastel-coloured seed beads, and punched some small circles for the corner

I love this little die set and I'm sure it will be seen a lot over the summer.  The lovely bowl would make a fab cake stand too, and I think those scoops could be used for the top part of cupcakes.....
I'm really pleased with the lovely stamp set - the size of the sentiments and the words themselves are perfect for cards. They are just the sort of thing I've been looking out for as an extra way to add messages to my cards.

 Well, I'm really lusting after a scoop of ice cream now....I wonder what flavours we have in the freezer....I do know there's a tub of Cafe Latte in there...........swoon

  Well, thanks for visiting, if you click on This Link  you'll find yourself at the Spellbinders store and you can get your hands on this beautiful die set too!


Happy Crafting

 

8 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

HMmm delicious Kathy could need one now it's 30gr here now.
beautiful card

gr karin

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Who doesn't love ice cream? Terrific!

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. It is making me quite hungry. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Laine said...

So pretty in pastels Kathy!
Laine
xx

Janet Packer said...

Lovely card - looks almost edible x

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Kathy, I love the colours. Such a brilliant die set. Cathy x

Jan said...

Fabulous card Kathy xx jan

Katie said...

Stunning card and love the die set