Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Prepare to be WOYWW'd

I hope you're sitting down, because you are not going to believe my first WOYW Wednesday photo for today!
Yes, it's that day again and I'm absolutely positive it's not a whole week since the last one - when did they sneak two Wednesdays into each week?
The whole WOYWW Movement, I think we can safely call it a Movement now as it's taking over the crafting Wednesday blog-hopping world is the brainchild of Julia - check out her BLOG to find out all about it and to see all the links to craft-spaces around the globe.
 So if you're ready I'll show you how my desk looked first thing this morning......
Are you shocked? hehehe
I had a lot of crafting to do over the weekend and yesterday only managed a few "finishing off" bits, so once done with that I cleared away all the mess and put back in their places all the punches, pots, ribbons, inks etc ready for a fresh start today.
 However, fear not for about 30 minutes after that photo was taken I'd decided that I really should try to finish the card project which was on my desk this time last week but was push aside for more pressing projects.  So now my desk looks like this
All it took was half an hour and it's all looking much more "normal" and Kathyesque ;-) 
Phew, that's better.
As we're mainly sending cheques to the various May Birthday Boys and Girls this year I've not only been making birthday cards but also something to put the cheques in.  I thought I'd show one of them - if you're interested in knowing how to make this, let me know and I'll write up a tutorial when I make the one I've still got left to do
 Papers are some old "Zoom" ones from Crate Papers - I've only got a few scraps left in the bag now.  The aeroplane is made with a Cuttlebug die
  
If you use LO sketches for cards or other projects, please take a minute to look at THIS one and maybe make and share a project using it - I'd love to see what you can do with it.
 Right, I'd best go and finish the card on my desk - it's not going well and I need to figure out what to do with it! Maybe a bit of procrastination blog hopping first...

44 comments:

Karen said...

OMG its tidy!!!! Oh no it isn't hahahaha!!! Mind you your desk still looks tidy no you are using it Kathy! Love those cards too honey XXX

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Love the tidy desk but the messy one's still quite tidy :) Love the things for the cheques Kathy, a birthday card and cheque holder in one really, love the papers :)
Anne xx

Mandy said...

tidy tidy tidy! LOVE it, can you sort out mine pretty please!

gorgeous card too, beautiful colours, hope you have a wonderful week, hugs mandyxx

Anonymous said...

So organised Kathy, and your cards look fab! x

Annie said...

That card is just gorgeous and so well worth the mess :-)
A x

Unknown said...

so very well organised and a really tidy desk, how do you do it.
Christine x

Unknown said...

My eyes nearly popped out of my head ... I was shocked at the uber tidy nature of your desk and soooooo relieved when we got back to normal ... seriously ... I thought I had visited the wrong Kathy :0)
Fab card!

Helen said...

I nearly fell off my chair! Love the cards you got done.

PinksyDoodles said...

I think I need to go and decorate my craft lamp now!
Clare x

Cardarian said...

Very tidy, but interesting, love your projects!
Cardarian

Jan Hennings said...

Lovin your work space! SO organized!!

Candace said...

Very organised but much prefer the second photo - much better to have a snoop what people are up to!

Can x

Susie Sugar said...

Your card is just lovely !! so cute and the papers are fab too
OMG I saw your desk and though ..."she's gone over to the dark side has this one !!" so tidy !! even the photo taken while your working is tidy , you go careful now ...you get to tidy and I'll have to come round and help you mess it all up !! he he
Hugs Susie xx

kelly said...

Well i love your tidy desk, but your messy one is a working progerss so the is much better!!!

I love the look of the cards and would like a tutorial so please post so we can all have a go!!

Kellyx

Sue said...

oh wow how tidy is that, best not look at my mess! lol, lovely money holder, sue,x

Nine said...

J'adore ton espace de travail !Il donne envie de s'y asseoir !

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Kathy, neat and tidy or full of work, I just love your space - it's the colour...I think...or the stuff...I think...I would like to know if that's wet glue you're about to use and do you use it for everything?

SDCrafts said...

Even while working, a tidy crafter has order. I do like your cheque holder idea; we send money to the grandchildren now so that would complement the card I make.

Kaz said...

I nearly passed out at the first photo Kathy!! I don't think I've ever seen it looking like that. Thank goodness you got it back to normal - although this is still a bit tidy!
Love those chequey things xxx

Deb said...

such a tidy and well organised desk, such a joy to mess up! your cards are beautiful, love those papers! hugs debx

Handmade with Love said...

Very tidy desk, I love the card that could hold a cheque they always come in handy for birthdays so a tutorial would be great. Love the colours you have used too! Have a great week! Tracey x

Spyder said...

Love your money gift cards, and those papers are just prefect, the one on the desk looks as it there's a hole punched through...another very tidy desk!!

(Lyn))

Angelnorth said...

Well thank goodness for the second photo is all I can say! The cheque holder thingies look fab - I need to make something like that this week, too!

Anonymous said...

Great workspace. Love your card and the cheque holder thingie! S xx

airing cupboard crafts said...

Kathyy your space is wonderful. I nealy passed out at he first photo but felt better after seeing the next one ha ha. The crad is fab xx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Gorgeous projects Kathy and love the desk Hugs Pascale

Mummylade said...

great workspace. Totally envy you the lamp

Becky Cornish said...

I love your neat and tidy desk but prefer the work in motion one lol, the crads are fab really like them x
Becky

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

wow that is quite a mess to make so quickly!!!! i love that card, very cute papers too xx

Penni said...

Love the card.

hugs
Penni
X

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

wow that is quite a mess to make so quickly!!!! i love that card, very cute papers too xx

ikki said...

I know exactly what you mean - clutter it - tidy it - start again. I think it called crafting in a small space! ikki

Tracy Evans said...

Your first picture looks very tidy, and the second a hype of activity. Love your artwork. Tracy Evans x

Tracy Evans said...

Your first picture looks very tidy, and the second a hype of activity. Love your artwork. Tracy Evans x

Traceyr said...

Loving your cheque wallet Kathy. Glad you messed up your desk it didn't look right and I couldn't see your orange bin! :)

Angie said...

That first photo shocked me .... so very tidy...glad to see it back to just about tidyish lol
That cheque holder is a great idea.

Kate said...

That desk still looks tidy even when you've been working. I want to rumage through it and turn out all those boxes!

** Kate **

tracy said...

WOW!!! that was a tidy desk kathy ,glad i was sat down though hehe
great card :)

Smita said...

Very organised, Kathy!!

Lovely card... I'm waiting for the tutorial, of course!

Hugs,
Smita

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

That card is scrummy!!

xx

Bee said...

lovely card and a well organised workspace - love it.

Sue from Oregon said...

Love that cute airplane card and DP that you used...too bad it is almost gone!

Unknown said...

Great cards Kathy - and I can't believe how tidy your desk is - despite being a busy crafter. - hats of to you LOL

Paula x x x

Glen said...

A busy desk is that of a creative mind. Loved the snoop and looking at all of your nic nacs. TFS. ~Glen~