I've joined the Bind-it-All club!
After months and months of ummming and ahhhing, ever since Lythan brought hers with her when she, Sue and Anita came over to play last year I finally succombed. It was Emma (aka GetCrafty) at Sassy Crafts fault. She's just given her online shop a facelift and a new name and obviously I had to check it out. And there it was saying "Buy me, Kathy, buy me.....buy me....." And it was such a fabby bargain price that I couldn't refuse, could I? Since orderong it on Thursday I've been watching tutorials on YouTube and generally surfing the net in search of info and ideas - excited? moi? How did you guess?
Anyway I was so excited this morning - I even got up early (well, what passes for early in this house on a Saturday morning) to wait for the postie's arrival. I left a trail of paper and packaging through the house as I tore into the parcel and have already made my first book.
Its so blummin' easy!
Obviously this ones not had any "tarting" up yet but I'm so chuffed that it worked so easily that I had to bung it on here in it's unadorned nakedness!
I think I'm going to keep this one for myself, maybe use it by the phone or on my desk for little notes.
The covers are chipboard squares and quite thick but that was no problem to the Bind it All - going to have to think of a name for it because Bind-it-All is a right faff to type!
BUT, new gadgie wasn't the only thing that arrived this morning. Oh no! There was another parcel too....and in that one were new Cuttlebug folders! Its taken a while but I finally tracked down somewhere that had the elusive Swiss Dots one actually IN STOCK yay! So I ordered that one, plus the Distressed Stripes and the Numbers ones too. Oh Lucky, Happy Me.
Also took delivery this week of three of the new BG 6x6 paper pads - Boxer, Archaic and Cupcake. I thought the latter would be my favourite, but I think perhaps Boxer might actually win out - the designs are so stylish and the colours rather lush and rich - I used some to do the covers for that book - which is one of the reasons its staying in this house!
More Friendly Plastic
I made a few more little embelishments while I was playing with FP for this week's DCM challenge. I planned to use them for more minimalist cards. Talk about uncooperative - I made two absolute shockers and ended up ripping the FP off the cards and having another bash.
To show you what I mean, the photo on the left shows one of them - what a horrible mess! I'm not going to show you the other one, it was even worse and this one is quite embarrassing enough. At least you'll get a laugh - and know why I keep my doodling to a minimum!
That was Thursday.
Yesterday I had another go and I'm much happier with my second attempts. I quite liked the idea of the square holey frames mounted on foam tape with the FP pieces on the card beneath, so I stuck with that, but changed to a mini DL card and panels of black and white card to display the FP squares.
The FP from the 2nd Disaster-Card was harder to use and I'm not convinced still. But its miles better than the first effort . The colours of the ribbon are a much better match irl than they look on the photoAll for now
Thanks for looking