Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Now that's better....

I mucked up Paul's birthday card this morning by not checking that I had the fold of the card facing the right way, so not wanting to ditch the whole thing and have to throw those lovely Boxer papers in the bin) I thought I'd see if I could just twist the design and make it work. Fortunately the lettters and tag came off without too much bother, and I realised that I actually liked it better with the panels lying vertically rather than horizontally. I had to make a new set of letters though as the ones I had were too tall to fit that way round.
I like it much better now, and would be interested in hearing what you think of the new version.

13 comments:

CraftyC said...

Thats stunning card Kathy, love the colours!!
Clairexx

Classroomfree said...

Well I think it is just stunning!

lisa said...

Well...really liked it before Kathy, but love it now, looks perfect : ) xx

Sarah said...

It looks gorgeous both way's Kathy, just scrummy!
Sx

Angelnorth said...

I do like it better now but I think it's mostly the 'movement' in the lettering rather than the verticality, IYSWIM! I see you got your brads in, too ;o)

Anonymous said...

Kathy the card is fantastic and so was the original but I guess if you, the creator of the design, are not happy with it then you will only know when it is right.

I love both designs. :)

SmilynStef said...

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who does this ... I usually just trim off the front of the card and re-mount it in the right direction on another card base ... your fix is great too.

Rosanne said...

Hmm, turning it really did make it more interesting! Great card either way!

Jackie said...

I like them both but I think the 'revamped' one is my fave :)

Anice said...

I like it best the second way. Fab design, beautiful papers.
Anice xx

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Lovely card, isn't it funny how happy accidents help so much in cardmaking!

Sue said...

I liked the original and thought there was nothing wrong with it until I saw the 2nd one. I prefer it with the stripes going down the card and I love the little stitching detail around the edge.
Sue x

Karen said...

I like both but I think the new one has the edge on the first. Well done you X