This is the card I forgot to add to my last message. It's for someone heading off on maternity leave from Hubby's office, so it needed to be a bit bigger than I usually make so they could all sign it. I'm always fazed by anything bigger than a 15cm square, but at least the big flower on this BG paper, plus of course the love of big blooms all over the place makes it a bit easier. I made this flower with circles of more BG paper - two layers of petals, all tweaked into shape with a dolly peg (my newly discovered tool for doing this job) and given a boost with plenty of foam tape.
I've been "persuaded" to join in a pink themed inchies swap at Bubbly Funk by the cajoling Caroline. I decided to start by covering a piece of fake chipboard (AKA an empty cereal packet) in the serendipity style using lots of torn scraps of paper. I did a bit of stamping over the top - it doesn't show up very well so I gave up on that. Finally I UTEEd all over the piece.
....And left it lying around for a week because I really should have been finishing of stuff higher up my "to do" list!
Anyway, this morning I made my squares but the photo I've done is rubbish so I'll do another one tomorrow.
I've also been playing with monograms over the last week or so. I'm too mean to buy loads of chipboard letters so I've been using the couple of sets I have to make my own. These ones have a couple of layers of cereal packet chipboard then some serious inking and UTEE layers, plus some ultra fine glitter mixed in for extra dimension - I'm really really pleased with the way they turned out - especially the J which started out black but ended up with the most amazing sparkly deep blue colours instead - for this one I used a layer of kaleidoscope embossing powder instead of the glitter.
I've added a close up photo of it so you can see how it sparkles!
The great thing about this sort of thing is you never really know exactly how it's going to turn out - well I don't, anyway! Sometimes it looks as though it's not going to work - the J started like that, but I just keep adding more ink, glitter and UTEE - and sometimes I bung in some beads, wire or even fabric - then give it a thorough inking with my rather manky versamark pad (I've got two, one for this sort of job and the other for cleaner tasks), Utee over the top and it usually works out fine.
The rest goes in the bin!