I added another link just this morning so don't forget to go and check out all the blogs and the gallery - apart from those of the DT there are around 13 or 14 other cards to look for, and they are all fantastic.
Right, on to this week's little teaser.
At first reading Tracie's Dare didn't look so bad. A card which had to feature another language on it - no problem.
It's not that I couldn't come up with some ideas, it's just that either they didn't work on paper, or that they were ideas that on reflection would be better for other projects (wink wink).
So Wednesday night saw me lying awake working out how to make the latest idea work.
I made the card yesterday morning - after it was done I realised that I'd even forgotten to have my usual mid-morning cappuccino - see what sacrifices I made for this one? :-)
Anyway, here it is:
Just in case it isn't obvious, it's "The Language of Flowers"
Originally I was going to put squares of card with individual flowers and their meanings, a mix of photos, diecuts and paper flowers, but I realised that a bouquet would look better as long as I had enough paper flowers to make one!
Actually I was quite surprised to find just how many different usable elements I had in the shoeboxes of flowers. Plenty enough to make a decent bouquet and then some....
The background is glittered vellum from K&Co's Chelsea collection, with a bit of extra chalk ink around the edges. I found the flower meanings on the net, printed them off in green ink and dabbed different shades of decorating chalk over to take the whiteness off, then used cats eye chalk inks in various shades to colour the edges. It's hard to describe how to make a bouquet , but they're not as tricky as they look - all you really need to do is get a few flowers and wind something round the stems to hold it together - I usually just bend up one of the flower stems and use that to wind around the rest.
Hope you like it.