Monday, March 28, 2022

The Early Bird - is definitely not me!

 

Hello
 
So I'm back to being late posting my challenge card for the Daring Cardmakers, Sorry Miri, its just a bit of a struggle keeping things going at the moment, for no good reason.  Hopefully my energy levels will get better now the days are longer.

Miri has a lovely theme for this week's challenge to the Daring Cardmakers!

What I like a lot about spring is the fact that it’s no longer dark when I get up and that I can enjoy the first morning sunshine on my way to work. (At least until Sunday when the clocks go forward to Daylight Saving Time 😉).

So the topic for this week is:

The early bird catches the worm.

On your card, use whatever comes to mind when you hear this saying, such as birds of any kind, sun rays/sunshine/sunset or even a worm!

You can see lots of inspiration from the Design Team by clicking this link

I've used a smooth white square card base trimmed down to a fat rectangle plus extra of the same for the upper panel which is matted onto pale blue card

O stencilled the white panel with sunrise shades of ink, which I then sprayed with water to blur them a bit.
The dies for the bird and birdhouse and the grass are from a couple of old Spellbinders sets.  My little bird is on the lookout for worms for his breakfast!
The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz  added a few green and pink pearls nearby
To finish I found three tiny mulberry paper flowers in matching colours - its been a very long time since I used any of those!


Thank you so much for coming by. 

 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 
 
 

supporting Ukraine

3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Miri said...

I love your result, Kathy. The birdhouse is cute and I love the soft pastell spring colours you used for the lovely scene.
Great spring card!
(And this week prooved again that I'm definitely not an early bird either ;-))

Angelnorth said...

Such a cheerful card Kathy, I hope he finds a nutritious breakfast in that lovely lush grass!