Friday, March 18, 2022

Celebrating Springtime

 
Hello
I hope Friday finds you well and enjoying some Spring sunshine 
The news is still horrendous with the atrocities in Ukraine continuing, and Covid deaths going over SIX MILLION
 
What. A. World.

Sometimes I just despair or things ever getting better, of people living together in a respectful way

I feel like pulling up the drawbridge and declaring a state of independence.

If only I had a moat, a drawbridge and some battlements

Anyway before I get even more maudlin, I need to remind myself of the birds singing in the morning, the days growing longer and signs of Spring in the garden...

...and Shabneez's perfectly timed challenge to the Daring Cardmakers!

Hello Spring!

It's almost the first official day of Spring here in the UK and what better way than to celebrate with a challenge!  

I’d love to see anything related to the season be it lambs, rabbits, daffodils, tulips etc.

You can see lots of inspiration from the Design Team by clicking this link


I thought I'd make this challenge work hard and make it for MiL's Mother's Day card.  
I've used a smooth white card base plus extra of the same for the upper panel which is embossed using the good old Swiss Dots folder from Cuttlebug
This panel was adhered over a length of narrow pink satin ribbon
I inked more white card with shades of green and pink Nuvo Embellishing Mousses to cut the tulips.  The die is by Joanna Sheen, but I cut it a few times, cut away sections and layered them into a taller, narrower arrangement.
I think its good to get creative and make your dies work harder for you!
I made the sentiment on the pc and added a few green and pink pearls nearby
To finish I tied a messy double bow and glued in place
 
I love the soft sheen of the mousse but it does make photographing a bit trickier, and no matter how often I tried I couldn't really get the embossing to show very well.  But it is there!



Thank you so much for coming by. 

 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 
 
 

 
Standing with Ukraine
Cover background is from a digital download called Spring Flowers by
 Ukrainian Etsy seller
 
 

1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. Take care. Hugs Jackie