Friday, March 04, 2022

March Elemental Challenge

 

Hello
Another Friday rolls around - I hope you’ve had a good week, despite the world seeming to lurch from disaster to catastrophe. The events in Ukraine are utterly shocking, how dare that greedy, posturing Russian Megalomaniac decide that another country is a sweetshop  and it’s ok for him to steal from it.  I can’t help thinking that we’ve been here before

It’s weird to just try to get on with everyday stuff when such atrocities are happening. What can ordinary people do apart from voicing our condemnation of Putin’s actions and offering our support to the Ukrainian people in whatever way we are able. 
So we will make monetary donations (my OH’s company are generously matching any donations it’s employees make to some of the charities helping ‘on the ground’), I buy a fair number of digital crafting downloads via Etsy, so I’ll be seeking out those created by Ukrainians to show my support. And we should all be making a noise on our blogs, on Instagram and everywhere else we can think of. 
It needs to stop
 
March Elemental Challenge
The first trip I ever took with  the man who would become my hubby was to Paris, so it holds some special memories for us.  A few years ago (before the world went mad) we decided it was time to go back.  This time we found a cute little apartment to call 'home', hopped on the Eurostar and set off early in March for week in Paris 
So I thought as its March again a trip down Memory Lane would make a fun mood board for this month.  I've pulled together a random mix of photos from our Paris visit which I hope will inspire you.  
Just choose a minimum of 3 elements from the pictures to use when you make your card.   Obviously your card doesn't have to have anything to do with Paris though, I've added some suggestions below the picture

Suggestions: Layout, Landmarks, Tower, Triangles, Clocks. Rose, Pastries, Beads, Paintings, Bicycle, Bright Colours, Lips, Water, paving patterns, Materials (wood, metal, canvas, glass etc) ...

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with, and to get you started, don’t forget to check out the ideas from our wonderful designers 


took my inspiration for the background from the bright colours on the painting in the Montmartre photo, added some still bare tree die cuts and an Eiffel Tower one from the main photo and a bicycle from the photo of a shop window display in one of the Passages Couverts - which we loved exploring 

 

I used small ink cubes to create the background
Tree die by Memory Box
Eiffel Tower and bicycle dies by Spellbinders

 
Thank you so much for coming by
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 


1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. I love it. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie