Friday, September 03, 2021

September Inspiration

 

 
Hello!
How's your week been?  I hope its been a good one.  Usual quiet kind for us!

This week at the Daring Cardmakers Svenja is in the hot seat for the 
September Elemental Inspiration challenge
 
I put together a mood-board for our monthly picture inspiration challenge.

September Inspiration

 Please choose at least 3 elements from our picture to use when you create your card (colours only count as one element - sorry! ;-D  )

So, here it comes:


I hope you'll find plenty to choose from! 

Need some more inspiration to get you started? Just take a look at the fab creations the Design Team have created for you

Well, I must admit to having a bit of a struggle with this one.  I knew which elements I wanted to use (Wood-grain, Beads and the Seed Head image from rubber stamp in the top right)
I planned to use a gorgeous digital paper with a wood-grain pattern as the background, but that didn't work out at all, so it was time to simplify!

 Info
White square card, with about 1cm sliced from the side to get a fat rectangle.  The front of the card was then embossed with a wood-grain effect embossing folder.
The dandelion seed head paper is a lovely digital paper, resized from its original 12x12, printed onto white Bazzill, trimmed and matted onto white and black Bazzill
The flower is created using white Bazzill card, an EK Success craft punch and some ready made stamen, which I coloured with Nuvo Embellishing mousse to match the paper. To finish it I put a blob of Glossy Accents in the centre and added some silver micro beads.
The frond and seed head shapes are die cut from a textured silver card.
I threaded a pastel colour mix of beads onto silver thread and made holes to tie the ends of the thread through.
To complete this card I added one of the white on black sentiments from a bunch I made a while ago.

Thank you so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message as I do love to hear from you.  Otherwise I think I'm just talking to myself!
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,


2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Angelnorth said...

Lovely, classy creation Kathy, no evidence of a struggle here! The black border and sentiment work so well to anchor the more pastel elements, love it!