Friday, September 10, 2021

Oh, the Romance!


Hello!

I hope you've enjoyed your week.  

I'm definitely looking forward to the weekend though, that's for sure!

It's my turn to set the challenge this week at the Daring Cardmakers and I saved something I made a few weeks ago for this one!
 
Oh, the Romance!
At the end of July,  a year later than originally planned (thanks to Covid), my eldest nephew married his beautiful bride at a lovely countryside barn venue.  After such a difficult year it was an absolute joy to be there to see them wed. 
 
I would just love to see cards celebrating and sharing the 'Lurve
(or Love, if you prefer!)
Love comes in all shapes and sizes, doesn't it?  So, although your card could be for a Wedding, Engagement or Anniversary but it doesn't have to be, feel free to celebrate the love you feel for your friends, family, pets...., chocolate? gin? 😀
How about a beautiful card for your best friend, for no other reason than to let them know how much having them in your life means to you.
See what our fab team created HERE
 
A special occasion deserved a special card, and because its a very 'lumpy' card, I made a box to put it in.  It wasn't going through the post so it could be as ornate as I wanted to make it!

Info

 I actually made the box first, then cut the card to fit inside.  I have a bad habit of making a card then finding it too big for any box-making card that I have!
I used a digital paper design to cover the front of the card, plus another for the front of the die cut heart, and more for making the roses
I used a large Spellbinders stamp and a burgundy ink-pad to stamp the 'love' background.
As well as cutting the heart in patterned paper I also cut it a few times in card, glueing the layers all together before adhering the piece in place. I then added a few random specks of glue, and when that was nearly dry put some gold leaf over them.  Once completely dry, the excess was brushed away. Next I made the paper roses, I made them in a few shade of the peachy pink papers for a bit of interest and printed the message card to tuck under them.  I die cut some leaf shapes to add behind the roses
To finish the card I twisted the stems of some tiny rosebuds and added them with a gold bow to the corner of the sentiment card, and a few gold hearts and gems sprinkled around..

I made the box from white card and then printed more of the digital paper to cover the two parts. I made a tag, and another rose to decorate the top of the box and added a little ribbon bow and some hearts to finish.

 

Thank you so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message as I do love to hear from you.  Otherwise I think I'm just talking to myself!
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,
 

 

2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Stunning creation Kathy. Shabneez x