Monday, July 22, 2019

Another First

Hello
How are you?  It's lovely and sunny here today, I've been down the garden to the veg plot and picked some runner beans and some carrots to have with our dinner later.  Hopefully there will be enough coming in the next few weeks to freeze lots of beans for later in the year.  We've had a couple of courgettes so far too and the tomatoes have 'set' and are coming along nicely.

A few years ago I was thrilled to bits when my nephew Charlie graduated with a First from university.  Well, now it's happened again, this time it's our niece Emily who's taken the honours with her First in Psychology!
I wanted to make the same kind of card for her as I did for Charlie, but when I looked back at my photos I found I didn't really take any that actually showed how I did it!  If only I was organised to note down what I did when I come up with something like this! I had a vague idea about how the folds worked and after a couple of tries just using paper it all clicked into place, thank goodness.  

 Info
Card: Black, Yellow, Pale Blue, White, Gold
White paper and narrow ribbon for the scroll
Black and Gold Twine for the tassel
The sentiment and mat are cut from my own template using my Silhouette Cameo
The base card is folded to provide a hinged section for the mortar board section.  Before adhering the mortar board in place the tassel, made from fringed and tightly rolled card is added; the twisted together twines are threaded through the centre and concealed when the upper square is glued in place.
The mortar board stands up in a similar way to an easel card, whit the scroll acting to keep it in place
It folds down for posting - not exactly 'flat' but okay for sending with a 'large letter' stamp
 


Congratulations Emily, you worked so hard for what you've achieved and your uncle and I are thrilled that it's all come out so well for you.  We're so very proud of you.

That's my lot for today, hopefully I can keep up with this twice a week blogging - I mean this is two weeks running.  Go me!!!!

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful Kathy
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. Congratulations to your niece. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Fabulous card Kathy - the genius genetics strike again! Well done to your niece. Shabneez x