Friday, July 26, 2019

Talking of the Weather....



Good Morning!
This week's  challenge at The Daring Cardmakers is all about the weather.  How very apt - considering that the weather has been the 'hot' topic of almost every conversation over the last week or so!  Yesterday we were due to have some fence work done, but at about 10.30 in the morning, with the temperature already at 35C the guys gave up and went home.  I really didn't like the idea of anyone collapsing with heatstroke in my garden, so I was happy enough to see them go! The temperature eventually went up to 38C yesterday afternoon, which is ok if you're just sitting on a balcony at the seaside, but otherwise not!

The last few nights we've had the fan going all night and its still been uncomfortably hot, we had quite a lot of thunder overnight, and as I'm writing this I can still hear it rumbling, and its getting closer again.   
So the scene is set for this:
This week the Daring Cardmakers have a sponsored challenge so we hope you will play along, and maybe win one of our fab prizes!

Whatever the Weather
 
Just make any weather-themed card this week, and link it to our blog to be in with a chance of winning a prize.  
We have 2 collections (worth about £12.50 each) of Julia's wonderfully fun images to give away. 
Our 2 prize winners will be drawn at random next Friday after the challenge closes.  
To qualify, Please mention www.jmcdesigns.co.uk in your post and remember we're on UK time!
 
I decided to make a sunshine themed card with a simple design
Info
White card blank with white and yellow squares matted onto it
I inked some spare card with shades of yellow ink for the circle and the rays. I die cut the circle and just sliced random widths using my guillotine to make the rays.  I added some warm yellow-orange to the circle to heat up the sun even more.
Using the circle as a guide I lightly inked around  the white card where the sun shape would eventually be placed.  Next I adhered the sun rays in position before covering all those ends with the sun shape.
the two words were created in Paint Shop Pro and cut out on the Silhouette Cameo in two shades of grey card.
To complete, I added lots of dewdrops and other jewel embellishments in grey and yellow

 
We'd love to have you join in with us this week, just click on the Daring Cardmakers link to find outall about the challenge and the prizes we have this week


Thanks for looking in today

Happy Crafting!


2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love it. That sun is gorgeous. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Vogelschneckenraupe said...

Great card. I love it.