Friday, July 12, 2019

The Wedding Season

Morning All!

Hope you're feeling well this sunny Friday morning!
My hayfever has been an absolute mare this week, so if you're a fellow sufferer I feel for you.  Thank Heavens for Kleenex Balsam tissues, I say!
Yet again it's Daring Cardmakers day and I have failed to add another post here since last week's.  I've just been chatting with the lovely Shabneez (she of the Happy Hijabi) and I told her I was planning to write 2 posts today, one to publish now and another to schedule for another day.  
What do you reckon?  Can I do it?
On an aside, I do wonder what her happy hijab looks like....maybe covered with smilies? Or just a fabulous mix of zany patterns and colours? At Portmeirion last year I saw a woman wearing the most beautiful arab dress (abaya?) in peacock colours that shimmered when she moved.  It was stunning.
Anyhoo, as I said it's Daring Cardmakers day and we have Ruth in Romantic Revelry this week
 As we are in the season for Weddings, and plus its always good to have a few Wedding cards in your stash!
So this week's theme is:
 Weddings
CLICK HERE to see what the design team came up with
As our Wedding Anniversary is coming up I had a plan to get ahead and make OH's card for this challenge.  However "plans" don't always come together, do they?  So I thought I'd keep it simple and make a wedding card after all.
I went looking on Etsy for some inspiration by way of digital papers with a wedding-y theme and found a lovely set by CherryWorkshop2 and one design just screamed out to be used for (another) eclipse card:


Info
I resized one of the designs from the
Cherry and Mint In Bloom Digital paper download set and printed it onto white Bazzill card 
The letters were cut using a Spellbinders Alphabet set.
4 more of each letter cut from mint coloured card, all layers were then glued together. The inner waste bits from the 'D' letters were adhered to small pieces of clear tape then attached to the back of the letters so that they showed through.  
I attached the background paper to my base card, then all the letters were  glued into their correct placesA piece of white satin ribbon, along with some silver twine was wrapped around the top of the card. 
I die cut small hearts from back to back pieces of more of the papers in the set and fixed them together with one end of pieces of silver twine between the layers.  The other ends of the twine were adhered behind the ribbon.
To finish I tied a double bow from the ribbon and glued in place on the ribbon above the dangling hearts 
We'd love to have you join in with us this week, just click on the Daring Cardmakers link to find out more

Thanks for looking in today

Happy Crafting!


3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning wedding card. I love the design. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Angelnorth said...

Love the cluster of dangly hearts and the paper design is a lovely one for the eclipse sentiment technique - great card Kathy!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, love the paper used it works so well with the eclipse effect.

Sylv xx