Friday, March 29, 2019

Woman

Hello

A quick post again today because its been the kind of morning when my eyes rebel against the idea of having my contact lenses in.  I can't see much without them so it's a little inconvenient!  Hopefully they'll settle down soon.
As ever, Friday is Daring Cardmakers Day:
It's Nat here and this week I'm challenging you to
 make a card for a special lady in your life.
With Mother's Day just around the corner here in the UK, this might give you the nudge to get your card made if that's still on your to-do list.
But this is by no means just a Mother's Day challenge!
We want you to celebrate all women, whether family, friends or paying homage to a female figure you admire.
You can even quote your favourite fictional characters.

The design team has been hard at work creating some lovely projects to jump start your creativity, see their cards HERE
 

I used this week's challenge to get a Mothers Day card for MiL, but I also gave a nod to Svenja's recycling challenge from last week!
As I mentioned then, I have a bunch of cards I've made but felt were not quite 'right'.  I kept this one because although I really liked the papers, colours and especially the flowers, I felt the balance was a bit 'off' on this 10x10 card and the focus piece would work better on a larger card.

Original Version

I knew the papers were digi ones from an old Funky Hand CD so I'd be able to print more from the same collection.  I saved the flowery rectangular section and the handmade flowers, then printed another couple of designs to make a new background.
This time I used a border punch on one strip of paper, added a knotted organza ribbon, printed a new sentiment tag and added a few pearls and gems
Digi papers 'Lollipop' from the Now That's Funky CD, printed onto White Bazzill Bling card
EK Success border punch
I can't remember which dies I used to cut the flower petals, sorry!!

I think it's better now,  I love the soft sheen you get by printing onto the Bling cardstock, and it would have been a shame to waste those roses!

Anyway, that's all from me today, I hope you have a great weekend.
Thanks for visiting

Happy Crafting!

9 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy I love how you have reused this card. It something I do quite often. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card and flowers Kathy
Gr Karin

Handmade by Natty said...

I love this combination of colours Kathy, so rich and vibrant, and perfect for this card. :D

Angelnorth said...

Great save, I agree that a bit more border area shows those lovely flowers off to greater effect and the pretty border punch is the perfect accent - lovely card Kathy!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card for the MiL, I'm sure she will love it. This is one of my favourite colour combinations and cleverly re-worked.

Sylv xx

jane stillman said...

An absolutely stunning card x

Gwyneth said...

The sheen looks grezt. In fact the whole look is great.
GG

Andree said...

A lovely card Kathy. Pretty papers and a wonderful eye-catching design xx

Furrbster said...

This is beautiful!!

Hugz Tinz