Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Simple Sympathy

Hello
Gosh, it's windy today.  Actually it seems to have been blustery for the last few weeks.  I'm sick of chasing bins and plant pots around the garden and having to brave the weather to re-tie the strings on the patio set cover before it takes flight!
We are still struggling to get by without a proper fridge, the little table-top one OH bought to tide us over has room for milk, butter and cheese and not much else.  It brings it home how 'in the moment' catering for their families must have been for our Grannies and Great-Grannies without fridges and freezers to keep things in.  Mind you they didn't have central heating either.  New fridge-freezer is due soon, thank goodness!
I'm going to try harder with my blogging - I've been very slack lately and I have things to catch up and share.
A few weeks ago we were sad to hear that the mum of one of OH's oldest friends had died.  We were both fond of her and will miss seeing her when we visit the IOM, because she was one of those full-of-fun people who always made you feel relaxed and welcome, and always made you laugh.
Making Sympathy cards is never easy, is it?  I wanted to make something with a modern feel, so I decided on a simple and subtle silver and white theme
 I created the sentiment on the pc using Paint Shop Pro, then worked out the placement of the writing so that when it was printed it would give the space I needed to add thedie cuts I wanted to use.
Once printed, I cut down to size and matted onto silver paper, then onto my card base.
The die cuts are a mixture of Spellbinders dies (the leafy sprigs) and Ultimate Crafts (Butterfly layers), cut in matte silver and a shiny silver card .
with a slight holographic finish.
To complete the card I added a piece of knotted white satin ribbon and three tiny silver gems.

 I was really pleased at how this turned out, I think I managed to get exactly the look I was after - and that doesn't always happen!

That's it for now, thank you so much for visiting, please leave a message, I'd love to hear what you think of this one.
Happy Crafting

 

6 comments:

jane stillman said...

It's beautiful and very tasteful

KarinsArtScrap said...

so beautiful Kathy

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning Sympathy card they are never easy to make. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow so elegant

Gwyneth said...

I think your card is lovely. Says what it needs to without being over fussy.
GG

AndreaH said...

Lovely card and the colours you've used are perfect.
Can I ask, how do you manage to print on card? My printer will only print on paper as it's an internal feed, bummed I didn't check this out before buying it lol. Xxx