Friday, March 08, 2019

Mad March Hare

Hello

Yet again I've failed to blog since this time last week. I know a lot of people get ahead with their blogging then schedule their posts, maybe I need to get into that kind of routine too.  It's never going to happen, of course.  I do know myself.........
It's been a heck of a week, I won't go into details, but I'm hoping the 'bad things always come in threes' saying holds up, because I've had enough now.

At least Joanne's lovely challenge to the Daring Cardmakers didn't cause too much of a headache as straight away I knew it was a jolly find excuse to use Nana Vic's Alice in Wonderland digital paper designs again.

"Hello, Joanne here with this week's challenge. As we move in to spring in the northern hemisphere, I'd like you to be inspired by the phrase

 Mad March Hare

You might feature a hare or a rabbit, maybe even Lewis Carrol’s perpetually late character? Perhaps the mental image of boxing hares will take you down that route - the gloves are off! If you’re the punning type, you might focus on HAIR - crazy coloured hair, long flowing locks..."

There are 3 sets of Nana Vic's Alice in Wonderland papers; I found them when we had an "Alice" challenge a couple of years ago.  Obviously I couldn't decide which set to buy so I bought them all....
Once I'd decided which papers to use, I cropped and resized to work on my card. I printed it twice once for the background, with the second for hand-cutting the details which were adhered over the first layer with scrap pieces of chipboard between them.
I used another of the papers for the sentiment background and for the tea party element.
For the sentiment, I cropped down then added the wording using the text function on my graphics program (Paint Shop Pro).  I worked out how big it needed to be then resized accordingly. After printing it was matted onto black card.
For the tea party element, I cropped and resized to make it exactly the right size.  Again printed it twice, cut out by hand and added chipboard between the layers.  This time I also added another piece of chipboard just on the lower edge so that I could layer it over the sentiment
To finish I added some Glossy Accents to some of the clock faces, a small watch charm and some "Alice-blue" ribbon.
There is a fab selection of ideas for this challenge over on the Daring Cardmakers blog this week, so I hope you'll head over to see them - and of course we'd really love you to join in!
That's all for now, thanks for visiting

Happy Crafting

 

9 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

fabulous and beautiful card Kathy
Gr Karin

jane stillman said...

That's a brilliant card Kath - hope things get better for you now xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love it. I hope you are okay. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Angelnorth said...

Hope they haven’t eaten all the cake before he gets there! Fun design Kathy, great use of the papers!

Sylvia said...

What a wonderful choice for the challenge. Great Alice scene created using the papers, love the white rabbit on his way to the tea party and the little touches like the blue ribbon and the watch charm.

Sylv xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Kathy, love the depth and dimension and images.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Dawn said...

Love the image on your card and the little watch is a perfect touch. xxx

Shabneez said...

Fab creation Kathy - hope normal working is resumed for this week and your appliances are behaving. Shabneez x

Rika said...

Lovely card Kathy!