Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Wise Words

I've been a bit lazy with the old blogging again lately.  I think maybe needing to get all the Christmas stuff done provided the stick for getting down to some crafting - I'm not sure what the carrot was, mind!
Anyway, I do have quite a lot of things I need to make so I'm going to try harder to get back into the crafting swing - and hopefully the blogging will follow on too.

It's Update Day on The Sketch File and there are lovely cards to see from Brenda and Jackie, and a page for my little maze book of quotations.  Even though I've chosen a very short quote this time, it was quite tricky to fit into the small oval shape I wanted to use.
The rest of the page is kept simple

 The sketch for January looks like this - I twisted it around and cheated ever so slightly by adding the ribbon
 The sketch is used on the right hand page, the left page is just an excuse to use that Memory Box butterfly die again and some more pearls


Materials and Tools
Papers: Bo Bunny, White card scrap for quote piece,
Narrow yellow gingham ribbon,
Pearls in carious sizes, inked to match the colours in the papers
Dies: Spellbinders plain and scalloped ovals, Memory Box Butterfly

Thanks for visiting, please come again soon :)

7 comments:

Kaz said...

Very pretty Kathy, love those papers xxx

Karen said...

I love your maze books Kathy and still treasure the one from you! This is pretty too, love the quote! xxx

Hazel said...

Love both pages - gorgeous - hope we're going to see more (soon) x

Unknown said...

It's beautiful Kathy xx

Unknown said...

Kathy; I love it when crafters do a sketch, but think outside the box and while still following the sketch, turning it and tweaking it into your own unique design! I love it! Thank you for sharing!

Kath said...

I like the saying ,Kathy, and I love the butterfly. I have that one too! :)

Jane Allmark Crafting With Jane said...

Really beautiful. Thanks for sharing