Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Between the Lines

Darn it!  I slipped up and forgot to do a blog post yesterday. Oh well, I guess every single day might be a bit of a tall order anyway!  In my defence I did actually do a bit of crafting though, and can share what I made today as I used the January "Between the Lines" sketch which is new today on The Sketch File- hop over there to see what our clever Brenda has made too

I used the sketch as the basis for four of the Thank You cards I need to get making.  It's a start, anyway!


I started by printing the sentiment directly onto the card, then I borrowed an idea from Joanne of Angelnorth fame and used my scoring board to create the embossed parallel lines - I placed a ruler where I wanted the gap in the lines to be at right angles to make it easier to get the stop/start position correct on each line. They show up better on this photo
The little silhouette image is a Craft Robo template I made a few weeks ago for a Daring Cardmakers challenge.  I usually make a "blank" version of my templates to use as a base for fitting all the other layers on to - and sometimes even that piece comes in handy!  The stem, leaves and flower are also cut with Craft Robo



The Sketch File January LO
 I used:
The Sketch File January LO
Grey papers from Colorbok 8x8 paper pad "Memories Made Easy"; Metro (very old!)
Bazzill card various colours for the flowers
Various gems to match
Scoreboard
PC generated sentiment


I was really happy at how they turned out - I love the tiny splashes of bright colours on the otherwise monochrome card.  I might be seeing what else I can find to use this basic idea with!

Thanks for visiting, I hope you'll leave a message before you go - and that you'll come again soon


14 comments:

Kaz said...

That's really pretty Kathy, well done on getting them made xxx

Anonymous said...

Love the CAS lines of these cards and the splash of colour makes it all stand out. Helen x

Barbara said...

I LOVE these little cards....so crisp, clean & simple. Might pinch this idea x

Pumpy said...

So very sweet, love them.

Kath said...

Lovely cards, Kathy. Love the little figure too.

Hello said...

These are gorgeous Kathy, I love them they're so sweet.
huge hugs, Lorraine xx

Angelnorth said...

These look fab Kathy, glad the idea of the scored detail gave you something else to play with!

Kate M said...

What a fabulous little thank you card - may have to use this layout myself - thanks for sharing!

xx

Catie Cuddles said...

What cute cards and love the idea of the scored lines too.

Traceyr said...

Kathy these are so fresh and clean looking. Lovely.

happy New Year. :)

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful CAS cards, love the silhouette images too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Alyx said...

These are fab CAS cards. Love them!
xx

Zoe said...

Fabulous little thank you cards xx

jane stillman said...

So simple, but so effective