Friday, January 04, 2013

Colours for January


We're having another Colourful year at the Daring Cardmakers with the first challenge each month being given over to a colour palette chosen by one of the Design Team.
Leo is first to choose and has found  this gorgeous photo for our January colour combo inspiration
I always find it quite hard to get back into "regular" crafting after all the Christmas stuff and I did struggle to get something done this week.  You'd think it would be a breath of fresh air after all the trees, stockings and baubles!
I treated myself to a new Memory Box die not long before Christmas so thought I'd give it an airing.  I should really have bought the matching plain shape as well as the fancy frilly one but I didn't so to make the background piece for the butterfly on the left I cut it a second time while the first (fancy) layer was still in the die (sometimes the reluctance of the little bitty bits to come out of the shape is actually a help!), then I covered the back of the shape with sticky tape before removing the die so that all the pieces stayed put.  I hope that makes sense.
Now I could remove both from the die and had one die cut with no "holes" and the second fancy cut butterfly too
I used:
all papers My Minds Eye 6x6 - various collections are used
Imaginisce iRocks (turquoise), Anita's dark gold gems
Narrow velvet ric-rac (from a Secret Santa gift - lucky me, eh?)
Dies;  Memory Box Butterfly, MFT Doily
Craft Robo; sentiment

We'd love you to join in with us this week, please visit our BLOG to see some beautiful inspiration from the team, to learn about our new Teamie and to hear who won our Prize Voucher from The Ribbon Reel

Thanks for visiting today, please come back soon

12 comments:

Kate said...

Stunning colour palette and a beautiful card.

** Kate **

Angelnorth said...

Ingenious method for your solid layer - fab card, too!

Lythan said...

who needs a backing die? :) That is a really lovely card Kathy - and it is nice to see one a non Christmas card! I love the way you have used the colour palette

Debbie said...

Really beautiful card Kathy.Love the colours and what a lush die.Hugs Debbie x

scotspanda said...

So pretty Kathy, love the colours xxx

Kaz said...

It's beautiful Kathy and what a saving of pennies using the die like that!! xxx

Karen said...

This is sooo beautiful Kathy and those butterflies are just gorgeous xxx

Miri said...

You can't tell that you struggled with ideas and your mojo ... your card is so nice! The colours look so fresh and spring like on your card.

Unknown said...

lovely and delicate xx

Hazel said...

Love the colour combo - and I'm certainly in love with the gorgeous butterfly die x

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Beautiful! Love those delicate butterflies.

Oscar said...

Gorgeous card. I love butterflies and these are so pretty and delicate x