Wednesday, January 23, 2013

More Embossing

Bit of a late blog from me today, but I meant to post this earlier and just forgot - I've been working on something else and it's not been going well....so fingers crossed it all comes together tomorrow or I'll not be a happy bunny

If you saw my card for the current Daring Cardmakers challenge you might remember that I mentioned I made another card featuring embossing - actually it was the first one I made but I decided to go with the second on the DCM blog in the end as I liked the way the die cut worked.  
Anyway, here is the other card
Materials and Tools
Oyster Pearlised card blank, plus extra for the layers and the flower
Prima Leaves, Prima Pink Chalk Ink pad
Velvet ric-rac braid, Pink gems (Anita's)
Memory Box Hibiscus Die
Cuttlebug embossing folders
Craft Robo for Sentiment
Ball tools to form the flower

I cut the embossing folder along the fold to allow me to use it across my card like this.  The panel with the ric-rac and flower on is a separate piece.  I ran the pieces of the flower through my Cuttlebug in an embossing folderas the card is quite heavy and needed a bit of "breaking down" before I could add some shape to the petals with a ball tool
I inked up some scraps of spare card to cut the flower centre.
 
I hope you like it. Scarily CAS don't you think? hah hah 
 I have another card made with leftovers from Friday's Embossed card to share next time - I've not touched my embossing folders for months and now it's as though I'm addicted - mind you if it's going to go on I'll be needing to find some new folders as mine are all a bit old.....honestly, any excuse to go on a spending spree, eh?.....Your suggestions of your own favourites would be very welcome :)

Thanks for popping by today, I hope you'll visit again soon


4 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Lovely fresh look to this - fab card! Have you got any of the M-Bossabilities or Couture Creations folders? Some lovely designs in both those ranges.

Unknown said...

Soft and dainty. I like the bling inside the embossed flower background.

Unknown said...

A really beautiful card Kathy. I love the clean lines with the touches of pink and such a yummy flower. I have a lot of under used embossing folders so I must follow your inspiration and get them out x

Kaz said...

I really like this card Kathy, the embossing takes away some of the scary white space for you! xxx