Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Box of Secrets

I thought I'd show what I spent the weekend making - yes I know it's Wednesday already, but some bad fairy flew past and stole away the first 2 days of the week.  Did you see them? :-o

The new Funky Hand download went on sale at the weekend and they are soooooo pretty - but the lovely grey shades really soften the pink ones so that they'll appeal to those who just LOVE lots of PINK, and for those, who like me, like a bit of pink but in a more subdued way!

That said this box is quite heavy on the pink - but I used mainly the softer designs and stayed away from the full-on Bubblegum ones.
This is how the box looks when it's all closed up
Take the lid, and the base away and the whole thing opens out to reveal a stack of small trays.  When I've made these before there's been a stack of 4 boxes, but I wanted to try it with three this time - and just as well because when I started filling the trays with chocolates I was amazed at how many it needed to look as though there were any in there at all!  Two full of those cellophane bags of Thorntons choccies went in here - and you can hardly see them.  Might need to try a two tier one next time!
As usual, given the chance to go wildly dimensional on a project (and what better than a box lid for doing that), I didn't waste the opportunity.  I used die cuts for the "streamer" bits and made a large paper rose on the top, and a border punch, sem binding and plenty of bling to trim around the lid.
Materials and Tools
Papers: "Just for Jen" download from Funky Hand (printed on thin card)
Pink Seam Binding, Silver gems, Silver-grey organza ribbon (around trays)
Punches: Large Flower punch (Woodware), 
Broderie Anglaise style Border Punch (EK Success)
Die: Memory Box Honeysuckle Border
I hope you like it.  I'm off now to empty those choccies....into my tummy!

Thanks for looking

17 comments:

Kaz said...

I'm so glad the chocs weren't wasted on somebody else Kathy!!!!
This is beautiful and I love how you've used the dies as spindly bits xxx

Unknown said...

Super fabulous Kathy, I love it to bits. If you find that bad fairy, check her baggage, I think she has a few of my days too xx

Doreen said...

Wow this is a beautiful box...so pretty.xxx

Janice Gill said...

Beautiful and so useful too :)

Kath said...

Oh that box is gorgeous, Kathy. The contents look pretty good too!!! :)

Enfys said...

Love this Kathy x

Karen said...

This is so beautiful Kathy, you are clever! x

Hazel said...

Very creative and gorgeous project x

Linda Simpson said...

Evening Kathy, this is fabulous. I love the card you have used and the gorgeous embellishments and rose.

Hugs
Linda xxx

A new follower :)

Hello said...

This is gorgeous Kathy, I just love the papers and the colours you've used hun.
Hugz, Lorraine xx

Alyx said...

This is a stunning project...and those chocolates finish it off perfectly! :o)
xx

lindyloo said...

wow this is fabulous i love the embellishments you have used x

mamof9 said...

Beautiful box, I love the colours and papers you have used x

Loopylou. said...

oh thats wonderful Kathy and its so pretty too.
huge hugs Lou xxx

Angelnorth said...

Lovely project - a perfect gift to keep even when the choccies are gone!

Jane Allmark Crafting With Jane said...

This is stunning, the flowers are gorgeous and the box wow! You certainly deserve those choccies after all that hard work x

Kate said...

This is just to good Kathy, and there's chocolates too!

** Kate **