Saturday, November 03, 2012

A Christening Card

My card today is a Christening card made for one of my customers.
As you probably realise by now (haha) I've been using the new Funky Hand Christmas downloads a LOT recently, so that file is often open on my pc.  Rather than go on a paper hunt for suitable things to use, it just seemed  obvious really to open the blue collection;  "Winter Wonderland" and see if I could use them for a non-Cword card.
This is how it turned out


I just LOVE downloads as they allow you so much scope to play around with them - which is what I've done to create the base "layer" of colour on this card.
To begin with I did a bit of on-screen editing to make one of the "textured" designs into a perfect square.  I resized this to 13x13 cm sq, then positioned it so that it would print with a border onto a sheet of A4.  Once printed I folded and cut the card down to make a card with a 0.5cm border all around the printed square.
I then used a couple of the other designs to make the layers and shapes for the rest of the card. I try to always use the same paper or card to print on for any particular project to ensure that the printing quality and colour stays the same.  Different papers print in different ways so mixing designs printed on card and paper may not look uniform - better to stick to one type per project.



Materials and Tools
Papers: "Winter Wonderland" from Funky Hand
 Lace and Ribbon from  Creative Treasures
Baby feet, Teddy and Cross charms from "A Charming Place" (USA), Silver thread for attaching
Small silver brads
Sentiment printed onto plain white card
2cm circle punch

Quite a simple card, really, but I hope those concerned will like it.
Thanks for visiting
 

Join in with "a Card a Day Blogging" by leaving a message on the post below this one, or by linking up with our Facebook group

6 comments:

Hazel said...

Beautiful card - it certainly worked well to go to the blue FH papers x

Unknown said...

It's yummy with just the right amount of every-thing. I can't wait to get my printer issues resolved so that I can have a go with some of the lovely Funky hand papers.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Kathy! Love how you've personalised it and the little charm is gorgeous.
xx

Kaz said...

It's really beautiful Kathy, the papers fit so well and I love those charms xxx

Sue said...

Love the little charms hanging from the ribbon. Pretty in a boyish kind of way.
Sue x

Anice said...

Well, they couldn't help but love it, it's wonderful! Good tip about using the same sort of paper or card for the whole creation to keep the printing uniform. It's very true. I like that you have used a Christmas download and made something non Christmas. Means I've done my job right and made the download multi usable.Thanks Kathy xx
Anice xx