Every now and then, rather than one of the team thinking up the challenge for the Daring Cardmakers, we all put our heads together and come up with some ideas to use as "Team Dares". This week we've decided to make use of one of these ideas and have a challenge called "Take 5" for you.
All you need to do this week is make sure you have five of something on your card; it could be circles, brads, tags, candles, elephants, whatever you like is fine - just as long as there's five of them. Surely you can't get much easier than that?
I've just come back from a few days up in Northumberland with my rellies, so didn't have a lot of time to get my card done - so I decided to use the latest sketch on my Sketch File Blog (I'd love to have you join in with the sketches on there, btw!) to help me out here - a double hit as I'd not got round to making a card for that sketch before I loaded it.
Obviously, for me it had to be five flowers, didn't it?......and as I'm still loving making "distressed" poppies that's what I chose to use on my card.
It also took the chance to use some of my new Cosmo Cricket papers - I know they aren't a new range, but for some reason I've never got round to buying this set despite looking at them zillions of times. When I saw them in the Scrap Revolution shop last week at a reduced price - well, I had to buy them, didn't I?
I just adore the colours of this "Love Notes" collection - they are similar to the BG Fusion ones which are some of my all-time favourites, so not surprising really that they've always appealed.
I used my one and only Fiskars edging punch to cut the scalloped edge in the base paper, then matted the second paper between.The oval shapes are cut with Nesties - not really getting the hang of these yet, for some reason... I cut two slits at the end to tie the ribbon through which meant I could just glue the long piece on nice and flat.
To make my five flowers I punched two sizes of circle, I didn't bother with the distressing tool this time - spritzing with water and crumpling them up seemed to do the trick - I didn't ink the edges either as the white core helps the flowers stand out on the card.
I used a mixture of two and three circles for the flowers and added a tiny gem in the middle. I bought another Anita's gem wheel while I was away, this time with the 3mm gems in it. Got that, some posh black brads and a couple of Cats Eye Queues at fab prices at Boundary Mill - didn't get anywhere near any other craft-type shop during our trip though. I think it was a conspiracy!
The words are Robo cut in two different fonts - I can't remember what the first one is, but "wishes" was cut from the Liorah font. I thought I'd write a seperate blog post to say how I do my Robo words - It's in the post directly below this one - I hope someone will find it useful.
Anyway, please pop over to The Daring Cardmakers Blog and see what other members of the Team have made this week - we're a bit depleted this week due to holidays, house-moving and other stuff that Real Life tends to throw at us from time to time, but the cards are still just as lovely and hopefully just as inspiring as usual!