Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Bumbleberrying

I'd not long found Bumbleberry Crafts Shop and forum when owner and Scrapper Beckie Dreyer (Rusty Pickle Team Member, Docrafts designer etc etc) and family relocated from Ireland to Scotland, and the shop closed up for a year or two while they all settled in to their new environment.
The forum kept going though, and has recently been relaunched in a very posh new "livery" - it looks fab and friends new and "old" are finding the new "cafe"

I'd only managed to acquire a couple of Beckie's wonderful kits before the shop closed boohoo, but now the kits are back and I was thrilled when Beckie asked me if I'd like to have a play with the first one.
Its bright and beautiful and filled with gorgeous 3 Bugs "Butterfly Kisses", 12x12 card, and ribbons, buttons, brads, flowers etc all perfectly matched.
I thought they'd be just the thing for one of the "Happy 65th Birthday Grandma" cards I need to make for a customer.
The card has a pocket on the front and a big folded tag sits inside, with its hidden "Happy Birthday" message. I've cut out lots of flowers from the papers, and added some extra Primas to decorate the tag.
The kits are very limited in number and available through the Bumbleberry Cafe at the moment.

Also for the Bumbleberry Cafe I've written a little tutorial on making distressed "poppy" flowers as on this next card - and issued a challenge to used one of these flowers on any project you like.

I used Sketch #8 from my Sketch File Blog to make this card,
Papers are Fancy Pants "Botanicals"
Ribbons from Ribbon Oasis
For the little "badge" I used Mr Robo to cut the numerals and the scalloped circle is from Mr Cuttlebug 's scallop flowers die set.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

...and a fab job you did too of the kit Kathy.

x

Anonymous said...

Stunning work kathy. I might have to pop over for a peek! :)

Vanessa.

Karen said...

It looks like you have had a lot of fun with this kit Kathy. All the cards are really lovely XXX

Janice said...

Oh Kathy, you have excelled here. Beautiful cards, lovely papers.

Angelnorth said...

Still on your "hidden bits" kick I see :o) - the 65th card looks fab, I'm sure Grandma will appreciate it being a bit trendier than some things aimed at that age group! Love the distressed poppy card too, fab stuff!

Kaz said...

Gorgeous gorgeousness Kathy. I love them both but I think my favourite has to be the bright funky one with the fabby doodling.

Carol Plume said...

oh Kathy totally gorgeous - particulary love that card, those flowers are yummy - btw I have told you when my birthday is haven't I??? roflxx

Beth said...

Beautiful card for Grandma Kathy, I'm sure she will love it, plus it's absolutely totalling different than any of the cards you'd find in the shops. Think you've done a fab job. XX

Hazel said...

Delightful gorgeousness! Love the distressed poppies x