Friday, May 01, 2009

Eee I eee I ohh

Another Friday, another Daring Cardmakers challenge, and its Vanessa's turn to set the challenge this week:
"I don’t know why I came up with this one, but for some reason I’ve been singing away to Old MacDonald, you know the song “Old MacDonald had a farm, Ee I ee I oh! And on that farm he had some .........”

........we’ll let you fill in the blank – that’s your dare this week, get some farmyard animals on your cards and pop a link in the comments section so we can come and see!"

All through April we were joined by a wonderful Guest Designer, Jo Willis - it was lovely to see her fab cards on our blog and I for one will continue to visit her blog to see what she's been making. But a brand new month starts today, and we have a brand new guest designer playing with us during May.
All the way from Poland (well, actually she's in Leeds, England right atm visiting her fiance lol) we'd like top welcome Asia Wu to the Design Team.

I'm thrilled she's agreed to be our GD because I've been visiting her blog regularly for ages now and its always full of wonderfully inspiring crafting and a joy to visit.

After last week's excitement of having my card ready to go ages before Friday, it was back to a more normal Thursday panic for me this week!

First I was going to do a chicken card....then I thought I could see if I could get a whole farmyard of animals on one card.... and then I found this free colouring sheet and decided to use that instead.
I did a little bit of tweaking in PSP then made a Robo Template so that I could cut it in lots of layers and different colours.
Never one to miss the chance of a pun, to get the chance to use TWO on one card made my day! I know, I know little things please little minds.... lol

Background papers are Scenic Route, I quite liked the effect of using the patterned papers for a background and tbh they were the first green blue combo I pulled out of the paper boxes.
Thanks Vanessa for a fun dare this week - I hope everyone enjoys having a go at it. I'd LOVE to see lots of puns creeping into your cards too if you fancy a little extra challenge!
The DT have made some fab cards this week, and you can check them out on the DCM BLOG as usual.

Last night I finished my second 12x12 LO - I started two at the workshop on Sunday, the first I shared earlier in the week and I'm still not sure how to finish it.
I'm much happier with this one though. Hubby looked at it last night and said "ah this one's got more "Kathy Bits" on it..." and then he prodded the little tiles with the left-out-to-dry Glossy Accents on.........

I used the Mr Robo to cut the title - it took me ages to figure out what the title should be, I wonder if things like that get easier with practise?
Sorry about the rubbish photo, I'll replace it with a better one when I manage to take one!










Anyway, I'd be interested to know what you think of SB LO effort no. 2! I've madethe photos click-on-able so you can have a close-p inspection if you really want!


Thanks for looking

10 comments:

Karen said...

First of all Kathy....I truly LOVE your cow....she is so sweet!!! I just love cows!!! The whole card made me smile...well done on all that fiddling! XXX

oooo that LO is definitely more you! I l ove the papers you have used and your statuesque title is great stuff!!! Well done you XXX

Anonymous said...

Kathy, the cow is amazing! :) You've done a brilliant job as always. :) I love your layout too, love colour scheme and muted tones. Typical hubby prodding the glossy accents!! :)

Vanessa

Kaz said...

ROFL @ your hubby and the glossy accents!!!

I love you card, the cow is just brilliant and the puns too, but 2 is just greedy!!!

Well done on the LO, that's 2 more than I've done!!

Kaz xxx

Jozza said...

oooh arrrrr! Your card is fabulous Kathy! I adore that cow. It sounds like your thought processes were very similar to mine with this weeks dare. The card I eventually made is nothing like what I set out to make. I was going to use a chick!

Powerful Search Engine said...

Love this the cow is fab and the shed and your sentiment is hilarious hugs Pascale

Traceyr said...

Well done Kathy on finishing those layouts - mine are still in the bag. lol

Love the final look of it and the tiles do give it a "Kathy feel" - great.

Love you DCM card too. :)

Angelnorth said...

Great cow! I love the look of the patterned paper too - great choice! hope the glossy accents didn't come to too much harm under hubby's finger on the LO - looks fab!

Canne said...

love the cow, it has a lovely face.lol. fab card

SueH said...

Your cow is just fabby, Kathy.
That’s one amazing card and so colourful ……..I love it!

Love the second LO too.
David is right; it definitely looks more ‘Kathy’ and your choice of papers go so well with the photo.

Hazel said...

Great LO, Kathy - I think you could get well and truly hooked! x